TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   HELP! Boat wont accelerate!!! (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=33096)

lfarris87 10-21-2009 11:10 PM

HELP! Boat wont accelerate!!!

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this topic.

My buddy has a 2005 Xstar. And for a few weeks it has been doing this thing where when the perfect pass takes over it would do a very small surge of speed, then back to normal... then wwaaa... like a half a mile an hour tug... then back to normal for like 5 seconds then waaa... small tug...
Then the other day we were riding then it just stopped... You can put it in gear and idle but when you try to accelerate nothing happens... makes no difference wether the pp is on or not.... And also after you start it up an alarm goes off forever unless you flip the toggle switch that is below the key...

Has anyone had a problem like this? And if so... How can i fix it?

Thanks for your help!
Logan Farris
loganfarris87@yahoo.com
830-743-3567

wheeler 10-22-2009 12:40 PM

Fuel pump may be the issue...

Jim@BAWS 10-22-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfarris87 (Post 640377)
Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this topic.

My buddy has a 2005 Xstar. And for a few weeks it has been doing this thing where when the perfect pass takes over it would do a very small surge of speed, then back to normal... then wwaaa... like a half a mile an hour tug... then back to normal for like 5 seconds then waaa... small tug...
Then the other day we were riding then it just stopped... You can put it in gear and idle but when you try to accelerate nothing happens... makes no difference wether the pp is on or not.... And also after you start it up an alarm goes off forever unless you flip the toggle switch that is below the key...

Has anyone had a problem like this? And if so... How can i fix it?

Thanks for your help!
Logan Farris
loganfarris87@yahoo.com
830-743-3567

Make sure prefect pass is OFF Double check the link from the throttle body assembly

Jim@BAWS

bigmac 10-22-2009 01:32 PM

Doesn't sound like fuel pump.

Does the boat have throttle-by-wire? ICBW but I think the MCX in 2005 was the only engine with TBW. If no TBW, check and calibrate the throttle connection link and servo spool as described in Perfect Pass's instruction and troubleshooting manual (can be downloaded from PP).

If it's throwing an engine code, it would be helpful to know what that code is. Is it announced in the MFD? If not, may need to see someone with a marine code reader.

WESSTAR 10-22-2009 02:25 PM

Did some research and found a bit about the surging problem. PP website says that it could be a bad ground and to check all wires at the ground bar and tighten as required. I have been having this problem hopefully will get the boat out this weekend and see if it fixes it.

lfarris87 10-22-2009 06:08 PM

Thanks for the tips on things to look at guys.
Hopefully it will just be a bad ground or something.
Cause we also used to notice a coralation between turning up the stero loud and the Perfect Pass performing worse.

This boat doesnt have throttle by wire. And i was looking at the Throttle Body assembly and all the conections look good. No corrosion there or on the backside of the throttle it self. But im gonna go look into the grounds then try to check and calibrate the throttle connection link and servo spool as described in Perfect Pass's instruction.

Thanks and keep the ideas coming.

Jerseydave 10-22-2009 09:22 PM

2 years ago my '05 X-star PP would surge badly. The dealer found a wire at the paddlewheel that needed to be repaired. (loose or broken, can't remember which)
All better.

There is also an updated chip from PP for the module under the dash. Call them about that too.