TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anybody Surfing the X14? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=29845)

squigs 05-11-2009 05:43 PM

Anybody Surfing the X14?

Hey Folks (total noobie here, so please be gentle) -

I'm curious if any X-14 DD owners out there have figured out the best setup for surfing behind their boats. I'd also be interested in board suggestions that would work well for the wave that it the x14 throws.

We picked this boat for it's amazing slalom wake and it's certainly delivered. I know it has the potential for some very nice wakeboarding and possibly surfing, I just need to learn the tricks to unlock it...Thanks!

Monte 05-11-2009 06:01 PM

JohnE needs to pay attention here.. IE Bump...

SkiDog 05-11-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squigs (Post 597767)
Hey Folks (total noobie here, so please be gentle) -

I'm curious if any X-14 DD owners out there have figured out the best setup for surfing behind their boats. I'd also be interested in board suggestions that would work well for the wave that it the x14 throws.

We picked this boat for it's amazing slalom wake and it's certainly delivered. I know it has the potential for some very nice wakeboarding and possibly surfing, I just need to learn the tricks to unlock it...Thanks!

This isn't 'The DS'!:D

No Skeez 05-11-2009 06:26 PM

I brought home a demo last summer and surfed it for a weekend. We were just using the factory ballast plus about 3 or 4 people in the back. Surfer was a Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9". Granted we are all experienced surfers, but with no additional ballast, we were able to drop the rope and go. Depending on what level you are at, a 5'6" Hyperlite Broadcast may be big enough to surf the stock ballast. Otherwise, look into some of more advance surfers, like Phase Five and Inland Surfer.

Hope this helps!

corey 05-11-2009 08:27 PM

I know our guys were adding an additional fat sac alongside the engine for surfing, you can do it without the extra weight but its all the better with it.

Plus 3 or 4 of NoSkeez's girls weigh more than a couple of fat sacs!

No Skeez 05-11-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corey (Post 597809)
Plus 3 or 4 of NoSkeez's girls weigh more than a couple of fat sacs!

That's only cause they are bringing along their balloon animal supplies! :D

Even then, they've got NOTHIN' on those Minnesota girls!

JohnE 05-11-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monte (Post 597773)
JohnE needs to pay attention here.. IE Bump...

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Skeez (Post 597785)
I brought home a demo last summer and surfed it for a weekend. We were just using the factory ballast plus about 3 or 4 people in the back. Surfer was a Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9". Granted we are all experienced surfers, but with no additional ballast, we were able to drop the rope and go. Depending on what level you are at, a 5'6" Hyperlite Broadcast may be big enough to surf the stock ballast. Otherwise, look into some of more advance surfers, like Phase Five and Inland Surfer.

Hope this helps!

Monte, thanks for the thread bump. No Skeez, thanks for the input. That's exactly what I needed to know. The boys taught me to surf last week at csm and I'm looking forward to trying it on the X14.:cool:

KnoxX2 05-11-2009 10:10 PM

Well get to it boy .......... we want Pics of you surfing that boat soon!

JohnE 05-12-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnoxX2 (Post 597841)
Well get to it boy .......... we want Pics of you surfing that boat soon!

Need to buy a board, first. Any suggestions? What was I on behind your boat? I have no idea what model or length to buy. I'm not cracked about dropping $400 right now, but you got me hooked. I saw some for under $300 in the Overton's catalog. I'll probably call Mike to see what he sells. I imagine he has surf boards...

2RLAKE 05-12-2009 09:20 AM

i have not realy had much luck surfing on my X14 ... tried an extra fat sack but just needed a couple more people in the back