TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Green Egg Grill (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=2767)

6ballsisall 05-08-2005 11:53 PM

Green Egg Grill

Who all here has one of these Green Egg Grills. For those that do, how do you like them? Do you use that in place of having a regular gas grill? Is it easy to smoke things in? What size do you have?

bradamerry 05-08-2005 11:59 PM

Farmer has like two, they do very well..

MasterMason 05-09-2005 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrandol
Who all here has one of these Green Egg Grills. For those that do, how do you like them? Do you use that in place of having a regular gas grill? Is it easy to smoke things in? What size do you have?

I have the large. It is incredible. They cost a bit, but you won't be sorry if you get one. Smoking in it consistes of starting fire, adding wood chunks, and stablizing it at temp. I can only think of one thing that I ever used my gas grill for that I don't think the egg would be good for, and that is bbq'd oysters, because there is no way to have only 1 half of the egg cooking and the other half just at a heating temp.

MasterMason 05-15-2005 10:43 PM

I tried the pizza's tonight..... man they were good, and that was the first effort... I bet they are even better next time. :friday:

Farmer Ted 05-15-2005 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterMason
I tried the pizza's tonight..... man they were good, and that was the first effort... I bet they are even better next time. :friday:

Let's see some pixs!

Did ribs today....

each slab came in at just under 3 lbs

MasterMason 05-15-2005 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer Ted
Let's see some pixs!

I will post them in a little bit, the first ones are gone, and waiting on the oldest son to get here to cook the rest.

Farmer Ted 05-15-2005 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a shot after about 3 hours at 200.

I roasted my felt seal last time I did pizza so I had to use some foil for a quick fix to keep a good seal.

Got-R-Done!

Farmer Ted 05-15-2005 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrandol

Jeff,

I've got the Large and a Mini. They are the Mastercrafts of BBQ! You can do almost anything on them, although the size is somewhat limited (good excuse to get 2) if you get one you won't be disappointed.

T

BriEOD 06-16-2006 09:16 PM

BBQ Big League

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I got home tonight and this was sitting by the pool with a bow on it. We are going to do some filets tomorrow. I can't wait.

Farmer, I hope you're right buddy!!

erkoehler 06-16-2006 09:55 PM

Do you guys use these grills if you just want to cook a few burgers or a piece of chicken?

How long does it take to get them going?