TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Trailers (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Sodar's Trailer Refurb (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=23084)

Sodar 01-19-2006 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's time to get the trailer some help! I was fortunate enough to borrow a 21' Schiada V-drive trailer to put it on. The only problem now is that I am juggling two trailers to find parking for them! So far though, I have gotten a new prop guard w/ rollers, I got the disc brakes brackets installed, I got the fenders color-sanded and re-gelled white, I got a quote to get the trailer sandblasted for $200 and a quote from Macco and Earl Shieb for ~$300... does anyone have a preference between the two painters??

Just thought I would add a pic of a PS190 on a triple axle trailer... I am sure there are not many rigs like this floating around!

Sodar 01-22-2006 12:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I worked on the trailer yesterday. I cut off the winch post and mounted the new winch directly to the upright, I cut off the bottom peice of the prop guard because it was ground down from my driveway and I got the whole thing stripped down and ready to go to the welder. When it is at the welder, he is going to install a new bottom peice on the prop guard w/ 2 rollers and a new swing away tongue. Here are a few pictures.

Attachment 34274

Attachment 34275

Attachment 34276

Attachment 34277

Sodar 01-22-2006 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the swing away toungue I just went and picked up from Extreme Trailers...

Attachment 34279

1984StarsandStripes 01-26-2006 09:19 AM

On my Last Trailer project I went to the nearby TSC (Tractor Supply Company) and bought a gallon of Tractor/Implement Paint, this stuff is tough!!! We used this on the frame of our old race and this stuff takes a licking and keeps on ticking!! :D I would recommend this stuff to anyone as long as you can fine a suitable color. It is oil based and is very smooth when it flows out. I applied it using a brush.

jake 01-26-2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SodarSki73
I cut off the winch post and mounted the new winch directly to the upright.

SodarSki...just curious. Why did you decide to mount it directly to the upright rather than the existing winch post?

Sodar 01-28-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake
SodarSki...just curious. Why did you decide to mount it directly to the upright rather than the existing winch post?

Just for looks... I have been noticing that all the custom trailer builders try to shave anything that is not neccessary, so I decided to start with the winch post. I just got the swing away toungue, prop guard and tounge jack bracket welded onto the trailer. I will get some pics when I get it back from the sand blaster. It is really starting to come together... can't wait for summmer!

Sodar 02-20-2006 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my trailer back from the sandblasted finally, so i worked on it a little by filling the welds and a few other rough spots. I was suprised though, the metal is still in great shape!

Sodar 02-20-2006 11:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of my new prop guard and rollers...

Attachment 34281

Attachment 34282

Sodar 02-20-2006 11:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And my new swing-away tongue by Pivit-Hitch

Attachment 34283

Attachment 34284

east tx skier 02-21-2006 10:20 AM

Looks great, Cameron! I like the rollers, too!