TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Concerts............. (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=17941)

Workin' 4 Toys 07-20-2007 12:41 PM

Concerts.............

We went to a concert last night. (Some of the kids on this site may not even know who these bands are:rolleyes: )
At the concert were
Joan Jett, Stray cats, The pretenders, Reo Speedwagon, and ZZ top.
Good times.
Have you been to any recently?

(I am falling asleep as I type here.....:o .)

tex 07-20-2007 12:44 PM

I saw the Smithereens last weekend. Would love to see the Pretenders. I saw the Stay Cats back in the day. Great show!

shepherd 07-20-2007 12:49 PM

I saw "Heat and the Zydeco Gents" last night! :headbang:

rrbooker 07-20-2007 12:50 PM

I just went to nickelback and chris daughtry. I've never seen that many good looking woman in one place. Thats the 1st concert i've been to since i was 21.

chudson 07-20-2007 12:52 PM

That must have been a great one!!! Reo started down here in Champaign-Urbana a couple of the guys are hometown boys!!! A close buddy of mine started rodying with Head East then went to Reo and finally to the Doobies, he went to Japan with them!!!

But concerts most recently I've gone to here have been Prince and Keith Urban!!!

shepherd 07-20-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
We went to a concert last night. (Some of the kids on this site may not even know who these bands are:rolleyes: )
At the concert were
Joan Jett, Stray cats, The pretenders, Reo Speedwagon, and ZZ top.
Good times.
Have you been to any recently?

(I am falling asleep as I type here.....:o .)

All those bands at the same show? Interesting, eclectic, cool. Did ZZ Top play much of their old, pre-electro/disco music?

REO Speedwagon played in our town recently. I didn't go to the show, but I was on the plane they flew in on the night before - sat next to the singer. It was a little commuter prop plane - I guess the days of flying around on a private jet are over! ("glory days...")

Workin' 4 Toys 07-20-2007 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tex
I saw the Smithereens last weekend. Would love to see the Pretenders.

She obviously has something against the "golden arches".
There was a logo on the wall behind stage she made some "references" to. Not sure what that was all about. :confused:
She made them "cover" it before going on stage.

Maristar210 07-20-2007 12:56 PM

When I was a younger man I wanted Chrissy Hein (sp?) in the worst way !!

"I gotta kid I'm 33 RRRRRRRowwwww"

Great thread !!!!

shepherd 07-20-2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chudson
A close buddy of mine started roodying with Head East then went to Reo and finally to the Doobies, he went to Japan with them!!!

"I was a roadie for the Doobies." 8p Wasn't that a line from some movie?

tex 07-20-2007 12:58 PM

The band is with me!