TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Usernames And The Reasons Why (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=13995)

SkiDog 01-27-2007 10:01 AM

Usernames And The Reasons Why

I been on here for almost two years now, and sometimes I look at some of these usernames on this board and wonder to myself how everybody comes up with them. So nows the time to start explaning as to why and how you came up with your handle. Some are easy to figure out, and some are not. Mine is a nickname that i've had for years. I got it when I started tournament skiing about 30 years ago.

JohnE 01-27-2007 10:23 AM

Simple. First name, last initial.

Funny thing about usernames is some I can remember after reading once and remember their posts. Others I can read posts from 50 times and it just doesn't sync in my mind on who they are or what else they've posted. Anyone else notice this?

TX.X-30 fan 01-27-2007 10:24 AM

If you need help with mine (YOU NEED HELP). 8p 8p

SkiDog 01-27-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX.X-30 fan
If you need help with mine (YOU NEED HELP). 8p 8p

Yea, yours is one of those that pretty obvious,:D huh.

Farmer Ted 01-27-2007 10:27 AM

I was in High School when the movie 16 Candles came out, I guess back then I looked like Michael Anthony Hall so my nickname became Farmer Ted.

It really stuck when I joined the Air Force and moved to Japan, once somebody found out I was from Iowa, the first question out of their mouth was "are you a farmer" so the appropriate response was, "yeah, I'm Farmer Ted"

RexDog1 01-27-2007 10:29 AM

Well I race go-karts for years, and my dog always went with me, has name was REX and no one could remember my name, so it started off with.......... "that guy with REX the dog"….
and turned into Rexdog

JohnnyB 01-27-2007 10:54 AM

In the early-to-mid 90s I was working on the construction and startup of a greenfield papermill in Arizona. Between Engineers, CM, and subcontractors we had several John's and this got confusing on the radios. We had a biker/engineer that everyone new as JohnnyRay, a pipe fitter forman JohnnyBro, a mechanical contractor manager JohnnyFievel, Electrical forman John Carlo. So when I showed up as a young wet-behind-the-ears engineer with a difficult to pronounce last name, my instant radio nickname was JohnnyB (John Boettcher is my real name). I have been involved with several other engineer and construct projects since then in South Carolina, Quebec, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas, Arkansas...others I'm forgetting....and the name stuck with me wherever I went. I am now in management in our Wisconsin operations and still cross paths with many old friends from my traveling days....and am still refferred to quite often as JohnnyB

André 01-27-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyB
In the early-to-mid 90s I was working on the construction and startup of a greenfield papermill in Arizona. Between Engineers, CM, and subcontractors we had several John's and this got confusing on the radios. We had a biker/engineer that everyone new as JohnnyRay, a pipe fitter forman JohnnyBro, a mechanical contractor manager JohnnyFievel, Electrical forman John Carlo. So when I showed up as a young wet-behind-the-ears engineer with a difficult to pronounce last name, my instant radio nickname was JohnnyB (John Boettcher is my real name). I have been involved with several other engineer and construct projects since then in South Carolina, Quebec, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas, Arkansas...others I'm forgetting....and the name stuck with me wherever I went. I am now in management in our Wisconsin operations and still cross paths with many old friends from my traveling days....and am still refferred to quite often as JohnnyB

Wich plan in Québec? I live a couples of miles from Domtar's Windsor mill.Krueger and Cascades are also very close by...

When i first join the board ,about 5 years ago,most peoples logged in under their real name and so did i.
I'm Willy Wally on the Malibu board...:D

east tx skier 01-27-2007 11:29 AM

It's where I currently live and what I like to do.

Jet 01-27-2007 11:32 AM

Mine is derived from my last name, Jetté.

Since secondary school, my friends have called me Jet, so there you go.

André, I work at Domtar but in Montreal and I go out to the mill a few times a year.

Have a nice day !