TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Other (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ANOTHER Wake Surf Question (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=24899)

BriEOD 07-09-2008 12:17 PM

ANOTHER Wake Surf Question

I've decided to give wake surfing a whirl in hopes of getting my wife hooked on it. I have been a few times behind my friends boat and have read some different threads on here and other boards. I purchased two good sized fat sacs that I intend to put in the back and side of the 205, respectively.

My question is in regards to a board. I see them from $200-700. I assume it is much like regular surfing in that the bigger the board the easier for beginners. So, I need something for beginners that is going to serve us well. I see the "Blue Lake" has gotten great reviews but it is about $600 after shipping! :eek3: Any suggestions or things to stay away from would be appreciated.

Thx!:cool:

east tx skier 07-09-2008 12:20 PM

This doesn't really answer your question, but figured I'd mention it. I went wake surfing with some guys last year. Their method on weight and driving was to drain one side and load up the other side with weight. Then, they'd make somewhat shallow, but constant turns toward the weighted side (think wide circle).

Fishermen loved them. :o

ttu 07-09-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BriEOD (Post 515045)
I've decided to give wake surfing a whirl in hopes of getting my wife hooked on it. I have been a few times behind my friends boat and have read some different threads on here and other boards. I purchased two good sized fat sacs that I intend to put in the back and side of the 205, respectively.

My question is in regards to a board. I see them from $200-700. I assume it is much like regular surfing in that the bigger the board the easier for beginners. So, I need something for beginners that is going to serve us well. I see the "Blue Lake" has gotten great reviews but it is about $600 after shipping! :eek3: Any suggestions or things to stay away from would be appreciated.

Thx!:cool:

i have a blue lake and love it. i ordered mine direct from inland surfer and he gave me a really good price but shipping was something like $75.00

i looked over on wakeoutlaws.com and you can get it shipped for $520.00

Roonie's 07-09-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttu (Post 515056)
i have a blue lake and love it. i ordered mine direct from inland surfer and he gave me a really good price but shipping was something like $75.00

i looked over on wakeoutlaws.com and you can get it shipped for $520.00

The $600 price is directly from the Inland surfer web site as I too was about to buy the board. Thanks for the wakeoutlaws info.

tr6coug 07-09-2008 01:34 PM

We learned on a 4'-9" hyperlite broadcast and still use it all the time. My wife weighs 100 lbs and I weigh 180 and we both surf that board and we have taught lots of people on that board. We also have a CWB Tsunami surf board (~5'-1")and its great. It was about $250 last summer. The CWB is probably a little better to learn on because it tracks straighter.

ncsone 07-09-2008 01:40 PM

I have a friend who swears by his Liquid Force Venture board. I have yet to be out on it, but I think it is going to be a great ride.

ShamrockIV 07-09-2008 01:42 PM

we have a cwb ride. it is a great board for all levels. it seems to turn better than the boraidcast since it has rockers cut in it. we took the middle back fin out to loosen it up!!! it is a reat board and u can find them for less than $$300!!

SDAhockey21 07-09-2008 01:42 PM

Make sure to check out the New RONIX surfers. The caption is an awesome board, and everyone seems to love it. I rode an Island Surfer and thought it was nice but I still liked the RONIX Caption better. A good all around board that is great for beginner up to advanced, basically what your looking for.

Everyone that previously rode the HYP broadcasts, likes the RONIX Caption surfer hands down.

sixysixss 07-09-2008 01:46 PM

I've had my CWB Ride for about 2 years now. I think it was a good starting board and now it is not so long that we can't do tricks. I'm happy with it, especially at $250-$300.

SDAhockey21 07-09-2008 01:46 PM

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1211405864