TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   X2 wake help pictures? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=55791)

neil.anderson63 07-22-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottsx2 (Post 959463)
Anyone have any luck pulling a surface 360 with an x 2 yet? I feel i have my x 2 wake as dialed as it can get, made a couple attempts this weekend with no luck, I'm sure it's surfer related opposed to boat/wake related, let's hear what everyone can do behind their x 2!

Both of my kids (18,16 yrs old) turn surface 360's surfing behind our stock ballast 07' X2. I'll try to post a video. He rides port side, she rides starboard. She thinks the wave is better on starboard. My son also pulls off a nice kick flip. He gets up riding fins front and kicks it around.
We have a 400lb sac that we rarely use, doesn't make much difference.

ttu 07-22-2013 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my 19 year old son's first 360. see if video load.

Mossyrocks 07-22-2013 07:05 PM

He made it look easy! I just cant get it.

Kimper 07-23-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.anderson63 (Post 959478)
Both of my kids (18,16 yrs old) turn surface 360's surfing behind our stock ballast 07' X2. I'll try to post a video. He rides port side, she rides starboard. She thinks the wave is better on starboard. My son also pulls off a nice kick flip. He gets up riding fins front and kicks it around.
We have a 400lb sac that we rarely use, doesn't make much difference.

Can you post video of that? My 08 x2 was not even capable of making a surfable wave with stock tanks. Are you considering a plumbed fly high system as stock maybe??
Or maybe you have alot of human ballast? I tend to post weighting specs with only driver and child on board since that's often our surf team!

neil.anderson63 07-23-2013 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimper (Post 959753)
Can you post video of that? My 08 x2 was not even capable of making a surfable wave with stock tanks. Are you considering a plumbed fly high system as stock maybe??
Or maybe you have alot of human ballast? I tend to post weighting specs with only driver and child on board since that's often our surf team!

I can't load the video, too large of a file. Here is pic of our surf wake stock ballast starboard empty, port full, kgb full, 4 people in the boat. Me 175lbs, friend 175lbs, daughter 100lbs, wife 115lbs. Just under 10mph. Not even thinking about fly high system. Wake is solid as is, my kid lands back rolls and 360's without trouble.

uplander 08-02-2013 07:59 AM

have him drop rope without slack once he is close to the swet spot. Then work with him on putting pressure on his front leg to push him forward. My son was having same trouble but once he understood the pressure on front leg to move forward he got it. I do not wait for them to go slack on the rope just get him close and pull in the rope and tell him to put pressure on his front leg to move forward. My son is 12 weight 110