TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   How long of a trip have you taken on your MC (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=53362)

JRW160 04-02-2013 10:34 PM

Rambo puts together a trip from guntersville to chattanooga every year. I think they usually stay overnight in downtown chattanooga. I've never been, but thought about it a couple of times.

If you start at ditto, I think it's more like 125 miles to downtown chattanooga. You can get gas at goose pond colony marina in scottsboro which is about 40 or so miles away from ditto. Hales bar marina on nickajack is about 50 miles from there and then chattanooga is another 35 or so miles.

sethro 04-02-2013 11:41 PM

I've always wanted to ski the entire Mighty Mississippi...not me skiing the whole length, but rotate a few skiers as we head down stream setting up camp each night. Or maybe a nice hotel each night.

Cobra Rob 04-02-2013 11:45 PM

I would just like my gas gauge to even work lol.. But then again 90gal tank so it will be a while before I am out of fuel.

JohnE 04-03-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Covi (Post 921408)
I've taken a real cool trip. Start point Newport Vt., Lake Memphremagog. Turn around point
Saint-Benoît-du-Lac, Quebec Canada. One of the coolest boat rides I've taken. To be able to boat in two differant countries was awesome.

photos =

1. Newport Vt. start point
2. US / Canadian customs (who knew we were suppose to stop and check in, that's a whole different story).
3. Owl's Head ski resort, Canada
4. Heading North through Canada

Round trip run time approx. 3.5 - 4.0 hours

Just read about that requirement in the BoatUS magazine. I wouldn't have known either.

Covi 04-03-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnE (Post 921524)
Just read about that requirement in the BoatUS magazine. I wouldn't have known either.

Right? I stopped but nobody was manning the building. Didn't know to sign in. I'm sure one of the six cameras (that I could see) picked us up. Safe to say we could have been subjected to big fines, jail time, loss of vessel.

I felt like such a criminal it was awesome!

mustangtexas 04-03-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Covi (Post 921536)
Right? I stopped but nobody was manning the building. Didn't know to sign in. I'm sure one of the six cameras (that I could see) picked us up. Safe to say we could have been subjected to big fines, jail time, loss of vessel.

Careful, I hear THEY are always monitoring the internet.

TxsRiverRat 04-03-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Covi (Post 921536)

Go close to the Mexican border on Lake Amistad or Falcon Lake here in Texas and it won't be the customs and imigration people you'll be worrying about.....

Thrall 04-03-2013 12:01 PM

80 mi on one tank in a Prostar, no problem. Done that much many times on L ot A in our 96 lt1 Prostar. Same hull as yours.
Did about 110 mi on the X2 last year on just under 40 gal and the X2 uses about 40-50% more fuel than the PS did.
Still wouldn't hurt to pack a 5ver of gas if there aren't any marinas.

bsloop 04-03-2013 12:43 PM

Wow, you guys in the newer, little boats get good milage.

I get about 1.75 @ 28mph with my 240 454 carb and 8 people. Take a 70-80 mile round trip every year at Ozarks from condo up to HaHaTonka spring.
Good thing the MariStar has a 62gal tank, I hate buying gas on the water.

Table Rocker 04-03-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrall (Post 921611)
80 mi on one tank in a Prostar, no problem. Done that much many times on L ot A in our 96 lt1 Prostar. Same hull as yours.
Did about 110 mi on the X2 last year on just under 40 gal and the X2 uses about 40-50% more fuel than the PS did.
Still wouldn't hurt to pack a 5ver of gas if there aren't any marinas.

I agree, having some reserve fuel lets you enjoy the trip instead of trying to calculate fuel consumption the entire time. Nothing is worse than watching the fuel gauge and wondering if you are going to make it.

If they aren't going to be skiing, I would have something else behind the observer seat and it would be full gas cans.