TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   96 PS 190 PCM ZR6 Conversion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=57937)

Bouyhead 10-26-2013 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I pad makes me post one at a time:confused:
Attachment 102576

Bouyhead 10-26-2013 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 102577

Bouyhead 10-26-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3skier (Post 988018)
instead of cutting off the harness can you use a small all and push the wires out to be able to connect the wires directly to the new harness that fits the new motor?

The gray ends will plug into the harness on the new motor, so I'm thinking ill just hard wire the boat end so I can still just unplug if I ever have to pull the motor.

Bouyhead 10-26-2013 10:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One thing that worked out great today was crating up the ol' TBI to be shipped.
Attachment 102578

Ben 10-26-2013 11:36 PM

Is that the boat carpet or do you have something sacrificial in place? I would hope so.

1redTA 10-27-2013 08:32 AM

Lookin good

scott023 10-27-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouyhead (Post 988016)
Thanks, the main reason is for Zero Off speed control, and I got a pretty good deal on this motor as it was a leftover. BTW, that new avatar freaks me out! I can't look at it for more than a few seconds!

Lol. I figured the motor boat belonged on a boat forum. ;)

Bouyhead 10-27-2013 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone want to buy a ZR6 cheap? I've been fighting this thing all weekend. I have good clearance underneath and shaft angle is real close. Many hurdles to jump yet but the front mounts have me concerned. I'm running an inch and a half spacer plate under the front mount and still have to crank the front mount all the way up. Having the mount cranked all the way up on the stud is not as stable as having it halfway as you see on most boats. If I run them that high i'll have problems down the road. Not sure how much higher I could or would want to go.
Attachment 102601

Anyone have any ideas? If I can talk DIM into exchanging it for the 300 hp 5.0 liter I might do it. Other commitments and the weather have me running out of time. Boat doesn't fit in the garage and working outside gets old real quick when the weather turns.

Spork 10-27-2013 11:04 PM

Add another spacers under the front mounts..:confused:

Ben 10-27-2013 11:44 PM

Agree on higher mounts. You may want to consider an extra plate on the side of the mount to drop down and screw into the side of the area below the mount. This would help with lateral support for a really tall mount

Or, skip that. Not sure how much lateral force the motor sees. Seems like normal is torsional due to spinning the prop. This would seem to result in one mount (left one I think) being in tension and the other in compression.

How are the rear mounts looking?

Another option would be to see if there is a mount that slides into the engine with a "drop" to it. This would result in the eyelet being say two inches below the round part that slides to the engine.

Another option would be a rework or modification of there the mount connects to the engine. Pics of this?