TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Ballast (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Ballast timers that ACTUALLY WORK! (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=50038)

snork 04-29-2013 12:21 AM

does the red light on the end of the switch work after the reprogramming
what about the auto turn off when ballast is empty

tr6coug 04-29-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttu (Post 930075)
just a update, finally got the x2 out today and just wanted to give props, (non pun intended) and was able to fill and empty perfect!!!

thank you again for the great job!

Excellent! Glad I could help.

tr6coug 04-29-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snork (Post 930157)
does the red light on the end of the switch work after the reprogramming
what about the auto turn off when ballast is empty

The light still works. There is no empty sensing anymore after reprogramming. When you flip the switch it runs for the programmed time then shuts off.

Also, after many requests for this, I just finished work on an update that allows you to change the run-time. So, after I reprogram them, you will be able to adjust the time yourself. It works similarly to the programming sequence that Jabsco put into the timers.

To change the time, you do the following:

1. disconnect power from the timers and wait 15 seconds.
2. reconnect power
3. within 10 seconds of powering up, flip the switch to fill 5 times
4. The red light will blink a sequence that tells you the run time
5. Then to add time flip the switch to fill then to the center, or to reduce time switch to empty then to center. Each time you move the switch you will change the run time by 30 seconds. For example, to add 3 minutes, flip it to fill then back to center 6 times.
6. Wait 6 seconds after the last switch move and everything works as normal but your time has changed.
7. That time is retained (even through power cycles) until you change it again.

Future reprogramming orders will ship with this feature. If anybody that already had timers programmed for a fixed time wants this update, PM me.

robpout 04-29-2013 07:14 AM

Wow...can I send you mine over from Oz... I ordered the 20min timers for my 07 x-star, after I added the flyin high kit 6 months ago. Have been able to get only one of the timers to go properly and have basically bypassed them ATM. Will the original 07 timers (think 6/7 mins) be able to programmed to run for at least 15min fill time....

tr6coug 04-29-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpout (Post 930177)
Wow...can I send you mine over from Oz... I ordered the 20min timers for my 07 x-star, after I added the flyin high kit 6 months ago. Have been able to get only one of the timers to go properly and have basically bypassed them ATM. Will the original 07 timers (think 6/7 mins) be able to programmed to run for at least 15min fill time....

Sure, no problem. Send me a PM and I'll let you know how much return shipping will be.

Yes, I can reprogram the original '07 timers with the variable timing program so they will run for as long as you like.

snork 04-29-2013 01:31 PM

I don't want to jack with the 30 sec programming, can you set the default time to start at 30 minutes and then go up from there if I have the need for additional time?

tr6coug 04-29-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snork (Post 930337)
I don't want to jack with the 30 sec programming, can you set the default time to start at 30 minutes and then go up from there if I have the need for additional time?

yep, no problem.

197 TT 05-07-2013 01:27 PM

Just wanted to follow up with feed back, I have an '08 X2 with Fly High Piggy back system and struggled with my timers all last summer - had tr6coug program all three of my timers to 7 mins and it works perfect. Money very well spent.

g-mantrix 05-24-2013 06:28 AM

Just to see how the reprogrammed timers are going. I have an 07 and am considering getting this done, but i need to ship from Aus to the US, so just wanna make sure. And any pics of the part that needs to be sent for reprogramming, again just wanna make sure...cheers

tr6coug 05-26-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g-mantrix (Post 938931)
Just to see how the reprogrammed timers are going. I have an 07 and am considering getting this done, but i need to ship from Aus to the US, so just wanna make sure. And any pics of the part that needs to be sent for reprogramming, again just wanna make sure...cheers

Reprogrammed timers are going well. I've done a few from Aus already. I'll post some instructions soon.