TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Nautique G 21 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=58177)

jdl xstar 11-19-2013 01:16 PM

Regarding the use of Seadek everywhere... I know from experience that seadek can stain easily so having it lined in the entire interior is questionable. I loved being able to remove the carpet in previous MC's so not having that option plus the fact that the seadek would be exposed to constant wear is something to consider. I know it would feel great but give it a few months use and it will not look like it does in the pictures.

FourFourty 11-19-2013 01:27 PM

My buddy's G23 is very prone to smelling like foot cheese with the sea-deck also. He has to scrub the floor with a color safe bleach chemical every couple weeks.

It probably wouldn't be nearly as bad if the boat didn't sit under a canopy all the time. It doesn't get much sun exposure. Still a PITA though.

With carpet, you just unsnap once in a while, and lay it on the dock on a sunny day.

captain planet 11-19-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 (Post 992123)
Well either way, it saddens me to that mc is far behind nautique. The xstar is the only boat mc makes that holds a candle to the g line. You can argue x25 or (insert x boat here) and they dont compare with the performance of the g line out of the factory.

Looks and interior is another story though! !!! Lol. I think I like the g21 better than the others is because its not as large as the others

......I really would like this thread to die, There is too much interest in the #2 comp boat company on this board in my opinion, that thing looks like a Nissan Cube on the water, the interior does not look comfortable at all (albeit looks and feel are two different things), and the construction is subpar compared to MC. So other than looks and wake, which I will point out are subjective opinions I fail to see how MC 'far behind' ski-antique.

willyt 11-19-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain planet (Post 992509)
and the construction is subpar compared to MC.

Coming from a self-admitted background of ignorance on how they differ - how to they differ?

(honest question)

FourFourty 11-19-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willyt (Post 992511)
Coming from a self-admitted background of ignorance on how they differ - how to they differ?

(honest question)

They don't IMO...... I don't think MC build quality is any better than Nautique. They are both exceptional.

And I am also not afraid to admit that MC is behind in surf functionality right now. (and ballast capacity).

They will catch up soon. I have faith. :D

moleson10 11-19-2013 03:52 PM

Looks like a very effective wake making machine. Still the Pontiac Aztec of boats stylewise.

scott023 11-19-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourFourty (Post 992507)
My buddy's G23 is very prone to smelling like foot cheese with the sea-deck also. He has to scrub the floor with a color safe bleach chemical every couple weeks.

It probably wouldn't be nearly as bad if the boat didn't sit under a canopy all the time. It doesn't get much sun exposure. Still a PITA though.

With carpet, you just unsnap once in a while, and lay it on the dock on a sunny day.

That does sounds like a real PITA.

ttu 11-19-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moleson10 (Post 992545)
Looks like a very effective wake making machine. Still the Pontiac Aztec of boats stylewise.

that is the best i have seen to describe the g-series!:D:D

hondaprlud 11-19-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

......I really would like this thread to die, There is too much interest in the #2 comp boat company on this board in my opinion, that thing looks like a Nissan Cube on the water, the interior does not look comfortable at all (albeit looks and feel are two different things), and the construction is subpar compared to MC. So other than looks and wake, which I will point out are subjective opinions I fail to see how MC 'far behind' ski-antique.

IDK, I'm kind of diggin' this thread :D

MC25 11-19-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

There is no difference in build quality.
So heres why people think we are elitists. When other companies come out with better products than what our company has to offer, we instantly shoot it down and its insta-crap. I think mc should come on to this board more often and get a clue every once in a while. There is no opinions on how mc is behind cc and malibu. Its fact. No surf system in our line up is swaying away a lot of potential customers.

Ending this thread would be stupid! You have no intrest in wake boats anyway, so move on...