TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Appearance (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Broken Center Window (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=56140)

Double D 07-21-2013 06:08 PM

Broken Center Window

2 Attachment(s)
So as I was leaving the lake today and driving down the road I look in my mirror and see that my center window has been shattered. I have no idea what happened but a car did pass me right before I saw it broken. Who knows, but it did shatter backwards because all the glass was all over the floor and seats, and I couldn't find anything that did it.

I'm thankful its not one of the curved windows but my question for you experts is; can I just take it to any glass shop for replacement? Is there are particular type of glass I need to use?

Thanks!!

mikeg205 07-21-2013 06:10 PM

Darn that sucks...

SP Maristar 07-21-2013 06:45 PM

That's a major bummer Double D. While i am not sure about the replacement glass, i do know your Kyle cupholders look awesome!

Double D 07-21-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SP Maristar (Post 959062)
That's a major bummer Double D. While i am not sure about the replacement glass, i do know your Kyle cupholders look awesome!

LOL, thanks a lot.

Sent from Never Neverland using Tapatalk 2

TOO-TALL 07-21-2013 07:43 PM

I ve seen a few on ebay

cwarndahl 07-21-2013 11:52 PM

Sorry to hear that, wish I knew

Table Rocker 07-22-2013 12:01 AM

Any full-service glass shop can cut a piece of tempered glass that will fit. I would just take the frame in and let them do their thing. It shouldn't cost much and the old glass wasn't laminated glass, so the new one doesn't need to be.

You had some bad luck, but not nearly as bad as it would have been on one of the sides. I expect it to cost less than $100.

Double D 07-22-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Table Rocker (Post 959153)
Any full-service glass shop can cut a piece of tempered glass that will fit. I would just take the frame in and let them do their thing. It shouldn't cost much and the old glass wasn't laminated glass, so the new one doesn't need to be.

You had some bad luck, but not nearly as bad as it would have been on one of the sides. I expect it to cost less than $100.

Thanks TR. I also felt my luck could have been much worse!

JimN 07-22-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double D (Post 959056)
So as I was leaving the lake today and driving down the road I look in my mirror and see that my center window has been shattered. I have no idea what happened but a car did pass me right before I saw it broken. Who knows, but it did shatter backwards because all the glass was all over the floor and seats, and I couldn't find anything that did it.

I'm thankful its not one of the curved windows but my question for you experts is; can I just take it to any glass shop for replacement? Is there are particular type of glass I need to use?

Thanks!!

The photo with you looks like the lower edge of the frame has two dings in the black paint- if those are new, they probably happened at the same time. Better look all over the boat for stone chips and call your insurance agent.

Double D 07-22-2013 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimN (Post 959199)
The photo with you looks like the lower edge of the frame has two dings in the black paint- if those are new, they probably happened at the same time. Better look all over the boat for stone chips and call your insurance agent.

Actually that's my brother, the Nautique owner... :o

I checked the video I took yesterday and those marks are there. Good catch though.. (I need to fix those :( )

Not sure its worth effecting my insurance for just this window, especially since Progressive actually dropped my rate this year. My hope the cost will be around or less than $100....