TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding & Wakeskating (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Wakeskate help? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=23793)

ShamrockIV 05-29-2008 07:47 AM

Wakeskate help?
 
i am sure u guys can help me out. i want to try and wakeskate but i have no idea how to start or speed of boat or anything. any help will be appreciated!!!

coz 05-29-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShamrockIV (Post 497250)
i am sure u guys can help me out. i want to try and wakeskate but i have no idea how to start or speed of boat or anything. any help will be appreciated!!!

Patience and this :D

http://www.rdcshop.com/_cspimg/volume2.gif

uawaterskier 05-29-2008 08:24 AM

shammy,

I always started like a wakeboard and used one hand to hold the wakeskate while the boat was put into gear. After that, pressure will keep it on your feet and you start just like a normal wakeboard. I dont remember boat speed much but I'm thinking it was around 18 or 20. Its been a while since I wakeskated since mine sank (yes my cassette skate SANK) in the bottom of lake guntersville.

ShamrockIV 05-29-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uawaterskier (Post 497265)
shammy,

I always started like a wakeboard and used one hand to hold the wakeskate while the boat was put into gear. After that, pressure will keep it on your feet and you start just like a normal wakeboard. I dont remember boat speed much but I'm thinking it was around 18 or 20. Its been a while since I wakeskated since mine sank (yes my cassette skate SANK) in the bottom of lake guntersville.

oops!!

i did not know if i could get up on it like i do a surfboard?? heel pressure then pop up on it?

Knox's_Better_half 05-29-2008 08:45 AM

Seriously, now you want to wakeskate??????

ShamrockIV 05-29-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knox's_Better_half (Post 497272)
Seriously, now you want to wakeskate??????

YEP!! i don't want to i am going to!!!!

Don't worry this will not cost u any money!!!!!!! :D

Knox's_Better_half 05-29-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShamrockIV (Post 497275)
YEP!! i don't want to i am going to!!!!

Don't worry this will not cost u any money!!!!!!! :D

Ok, I have so heard this one before!!!!:rolleyes: It goes a little something like this...." But honey..so and so got one and I got out there and tried it and it is so much fun! And think of Austin, he would really dig it...not to mention we are having more quality time in our boat. It wont cost any .....well, it wont cost much...I promise!" Are you kidding....
Good Luck with te wakeskating thing....some will do anything to hang on to their youth!!8p:D

ShamrockIV 05-29-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knox's_Better_half (Post 497279)
Ok, I have so heard this one before!!!!:rolleyes: some will do anything to hang on to their youth!!8p:D

lol we shall see!!!

seriously!! anyone that can be helpfull please get with me!!
if i wanted some lip i would listen to babysmama!!

DemolitionMan 05-29-2008 09:06 AM

Put the boat in gear and the pressure will hold the board on your feet. You can go as slow as 13 or 14 and still stay up. I learned that slow sppeds are the best way to learn. 18 is a good cruising speed. I have have some pics under my photos of me wake skating.

sham'sbabymama 05-29-2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShamrockIV (Post 497281)

if i wanted some lip i would listen to babysmama!!


No lip here...yet!!! ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.


2018