TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hey Spring Breakers!!! (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=39923)

tex 03-07-2011 09:55 PM

Hey Spring Breakers!!!

So what are you guys doing...I mean the ones that are young enough to still have SB or ones like me who has a kid who has SB? We are driving up to Taos to hit the slopes!!!! I got some new twin tips and boots that are ready to rock!

ski/hunt 03-07-2011 10:24 PM

My son will turn 9 next Monday, first day of kids break. We are heading to Ft. Lauderdale for the family to all take ski lessons. Kids will work on deep water starts, wife wants to work deep water slalom starts, I'm looking for help in the course. We will spread out a few hours over three days. To put the "cherry" on the top of the trip we will head over to the Big Cypress reservation to go catch some wild hogs with my Seminole buddy. Perfect trip-----Ski/Hunt....it so fits me!!

ski/hunt 03-07-2011 10:51 PM

Have a great trip Tex-----enjoy a couple "tini's" you deserve it!!

aaron. 03-08-2011 08:33 AM

which twin tips did you buy? pleeeease say Faction or 4FRNT. =)

BIGBADBLUE 03-08-2011 08:57 AM

We are headed to Utah ... Neer been as we usually go to CO. We are going to try Park City, The Canyons and Snowbird.

UofU2727 03-08-2011 10:26 AM

Suggestion, I just moved from Utah. The resorts your going to are not the best. If you want to avoid the lift lines. Go to Solitude (better chance of finding POW), brighton (best night skiing) and again avoids lift lines). These two resorts are in the same canyon too! Canyons has a name but like I said it's PARK CITY, I hated it. It's a destination trap! Snowbird is okay, looooooooong lift lines on a POW day. Canyons, snow quality isn't that great, it faces the sun, so you can figure that out. Like I said, locals don't go to Park City. They know better. Just some friendly advice.

aaron. 03-08-2011 10:27 AM

nice dude, you will enjoy Utah a lot. Rado skiing is pretty overrated. "Summit County, CO, acts as a giant buffer zone that distracts East Coast college kids from the rest of the West, keeping rents down and Dave Matthews to a minimum." (powder mag)

I went to school at the University of Utah, and was a full time resident of the Alta. Park City and the Canyons are sweet if you like groomers and terrain parks, but if you want the good snow, the steeps, and a nearly Alps-esk skiing, you need to hit up Alta/Bird. You won't regret the drive up into Little Cottonwood Canyon

aaron. 03-08-2011 10:29 AM

oh and take UofU2727's advice. Solitude is sick...but also consider venturing north to Ogden, to Snowbasin and powder mountain.

UofU2727 03-08-2011 10:33 AM

Like "Aaron" said, if you like the vertical, Alta for sure if you are a skier (they only allow skiers). Rankings: Alta (skiing), snowbird, solitude/brighton, Deer Valley, and Canyons.

UofU2727 03-08-2011 10:34 AM

I forgot about Snowbasin, NICE resort, had a very good time there! Ranks very high!