TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   deer hunting (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51766)

2RLAKE 11-22-2012 02:29 PM

deer hunting

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... I know there are some deer hunters out there ... let's see your photos so far this year .... Ski/Hunt shared one a few fridays ago

Here is Bruce's (14) buck from last evening .... he was in a tree stand in an open field of food plots ... he saw him walk out about 200+ yards then waited (patiently) for 30 minutes until he was 125 yards ... one shot from the Weatherby 240 mag loaded with 85 gr Barnes Triple Shock bullets dropped him in his tracks!

Needless to say it was a great day. Bruce passed a slightly smaller buck in the morning ... good hunter ...

mikeg205 11-22-2012 02:38 PM

Nice one!!..next time he needs and MC hat ;) ... venison for Christmas Dinner!!! good for you guys...

JimN 11-22-2012 03:09 PM

It's not a challenge unless they shoot back.:D

mikeg205 11-22-2012 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I miss gary larson and his warped sense of humor...

caption is "bummer of a birthmark...hal"

Manciniat 11-22-2012 04:28 PM

Killed this one nov 6. 3 hrs in the rain paid off. Hoyt trykon with a spitfire 100

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...25A00646A2.jpg

ski/hunt 11-23-2012 01:18 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Best thanksgiving ever!! Shot a decent 8 while hunting with my dad and my son. Best part was my son dragging him out almost all by himself--(down hill always helps--:) ) Would keep hunting but the ladies want to have a "proper" holiday. So we eat Friday while "crazy" people shop....

Some nice deer you fellas have posted!!

Attachment 86856Attachment 86857Attachment 86858Attachment 86859

2RLAKE 11-23-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski/hunt (Post 891926)
Best thanksgiving ever!! Shot a decent 8 while hunting with my dad and my son. Best part was my son dragging him out almost all by himself--(down hill always helps--:) ) Would keep hunting but the ladies want to have a "proper" holiday. So we eat Friday while "crazy" people shop....

Some nice deer you fellas have posted!!

Attachment 86856Attachment 86857Attachment 86858Attachment 86859

that is a big body deer ... did you weigh him? Huge congrats for a great thanksgiving

mikeg205 11-23-2012 10:07 AM

Nice seeing a family shoot...outstanding...!!! Love the clan shoot grandpa, dad and son... falls into the category of "it does not get much better than this!" ....

JTNG 11-23-2012 10:17 AM

My 12 Year Olds Last Year's buck and This Year

2 Attachment(s)
1st photo is Last Years 4 Point, This years is still a nice 4 point though. He's shooting a 325 Short Mag. :D

tlukens 11-23-2012 09:32 PM

not an albino

1 Attachment(s)
A local buck near Plain, WI that the locals have let go by for years. Some non-locals bought some land and shot a beauty. Its not an albino, just a white white tail. The locals are not happy.

bcd 11-24-2012 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got this guy Nov 17th about a mile back on public land.

corey 11-24-2012 04:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice deer!!!

Slow year for my dad and I but I did put some venison in both of our freezers! Had great hopes of seeing this guy from the stand but he decided to get bigger over the winter, with a little luck we'll see him next year.

mikeg205 11-24-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcd (Post 892035)
I got this guy Nov 17th about a mile back on public land.

Nice deer and well done with bow and arrow...!

sethro 11-25-2012 08:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Shot only with my camera. This guy was outside my living room window this morning as I was readking TeamTalk. I don't hunt, but my 10 year old is asking for a bow for christmas. He also wants to set up a stand so he can practice everything about hunting except the shooting of the deer part...then he'll be ready when he can handle a bow strong enough (legal) to hunt. Sorry the pics are crappy as I was on the wrong setting through double pane windows and the deer saw me, so I knew my time was limited. :D

pmkkdx 11-26-2012 09:29 AM

I somewhat envy you guys up north with the size of the deer up there ... those around central Texas, although plentiful, are rather small in comparison! Very nice guys!

here is a nice cull 7 point, nice size for here (~140 lbs field dressed), that I shot Nov. 8, 130+ yards thru mesquites with 7mm Rem Mag, 150 BTSP

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/...ps71dc4748.jpg

yep, locals should be ticked a bit on the white deer!

JimN 11-26-2012 09:37 AM

I was driving to a store yesterday and got to an intersection where two cars were stopped, one at the far side of the cross street and the other mostly blocking that street. I pulled around the car that was blocking that lane and as I came around, I saw that three doe were walking along the grass at the far side of the street from where I was. The largest, which I assume was the adult, was big. The other two seemed to be a year apart so, maybe 2 and 3 years old. That street bends about 50 yards East of the intersection and when I got there, I saw two more young ones in a yard and another crossing the alley. This is 1 block from a major arterial street in Milwaukee, in a heavily populated area but the Milwaukee River is very close and there's a lot of wooded area, with two county parks nearby, so there's plenty of habitat for them.

2RLAKE 11-28-2012 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
two friends of mine shot these two guys Monday opening day in OH

milkmania 11-28-2012 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
had a buddy's wife text message this to me, so I could upload it to walmart and she could get some prints.... other than that, I don't know anything else about it:o

GT500 MC 11-28-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkmania (Post 892752)
had a buddy's wife text message this to me, so I could upload it to walmart and she could get some prints.... other than that, I don't know anything else about it:o

That is a thick rack....nice...old deer there.

jamisonsbrodie 11-28-2012 12:09 PM

Only a Doe for me during gun season, but I have another month of Bow season, so hopefully I will see a shooter.

pmkkdx 11-28-2012 01:38 PM

I just got a chance of a lifetime dropped in my lap this morning ... my bro in law leases out about 50,000+/- acres low fence free range up in the TX panhandle and then subleases out and guides hunters for high $$$ for monster TX whitetails & Muleys (b/c 160"<). The first couple of weeks of season were extremely hot and not all the hunters took a deer, leaving a couple of whitetail tags open that he offered for my son, son in law and I to go up and hunt between Christmas & New Years for free in exchange for us helping him load and haul stuff back. I have always wanted to hunt up there for a wall hanger monster but couldn't justify the $$$ with all my other hobbies (and my current central TX lease). I am stoked if we can get the group planned out around the other activities during the holidays...

2RLAKE 12-16-2012 09:38 AM

good deer management late afternoon yesterday ... my son and i took two more nice does ... we had over a dozen in the food plots all around us ... they are both xmas presents for friends ... off to the garage to start butchering

bcd 12-16-2012 05:40 PM

Before I got my 9 pt, I botched a 25 yd shot on a heavy, tall 8 pt. I saw it two more times, but never closer than 50 yards. A friend of a friend got it during shotgun season, probably 200 yards from my spot. It scored 166".

2RLAKE 12-16-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcd (Post 896496)
Before I got my 9 pt, I botched a 25 yd shot on a heavy, tall 8 pt. I saw it two more times, but never closer than 50 yards. A friend of a friend got it during shotgun season, probably 200 yards from my spot. It scored 166".

wow ... 166 is a great deer ... got a picture to share?

sort of sad ... just butchered my last deer of the season ... now i have to wait until next october!

SkiDog 12-17-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RLAKE (Post 891900)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... I know there are some deer hunters out there ... let's see your photos so far this year .... Ski/Hunt shared one a few fridays ago

Here is Bruce's (14) buck from last evening .... he was in a tree stand in an open field of food plots ... he saw him walk out about 200+ yards then waited (patiently) for 30 minutes until he was 125 yards ... one shot from the Weatherby 240 mag loaded with 85 gr Barnes Triple Shock bullets dropped him in his tracks!

Needless to say it was a great day. Bruce passed a slightly smaller buck in the morning ... good hunter ...

Ha! We can show pics of dead animals, but not ones of plus sized 'models & girlfriends' in bikinis. I don't get it.:confused::D:D

aquaman 12-17-2012 07:58 AM

Simple, the deer are not wearing Bikinis. duh :)

ski/hunt 12-17-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquaman (Post 896579)
Simple, the deer are not wearing Bikinis. duh :)

If deer wore bikinis then when I'm hunting it would be "a perfect world"!!!

2yourlake---shooting doe's is true hunting in my book!! They are whitetail and have that great nose like any buck--- I think they are even sharper, cause they have to raise young ones and keep themselves out of trouble---bucks only have to worry about themselves...I'd rather eat a doe any day. Some great deer in this thread!! I hope to get one more chance in the woods this season, then it's on to waiting on turkey season!! And what follows spring turkey??? BOATING season!!!!!!! :-)

Dog I don't get it either!! I mean she wasn't that bad!??!??? I mean mike205 must love her!??!?? since he wants to keep her all to himself.....:-)

SkiDog 12-17-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski/hunt (Post 896584)

2yourlake---shooting doe's is true hunting in my book!! They are whitetail and have that great nose like any buck--- I think they are even sharper, cause they have to raise young ones and keep themselves out of trouble---bucks only have to worry about themselves...I'd rather eat a doe any day. Some great deer in this thread!! I hope to get one more chance in the woods this season, then it's on to waiting on turkey season!! And what follows spring turkey??? BOATING season!!!!!!! :-)

Dog I don't get it either!! I mean she wasn't that bad!??!??? I mean mike205 must love her!??!?? since he wants to keep her all to himself.....:-)

She's actually on her way to his house as we speak. He got pretty jealous when he found out that Kyle was popping the stinger to her too! No wonder he deleted her pic TWICE! He needs to learn to control his feelings!:D:D:D

clrussell 12-17-2012 02:59 PM

Way off topic!!! But skidog your avatar is killing me! From something so good to someone else's girlfriend!

Tapatalk

TxsRiverRat 12-17-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clrussell (Post 896697)
Way off topic!!! But skidog your avatar is killing me! From something so good to someone else's girlfriend!

Tapatalk

dont knock it till ya tried it - ask kyle :D

bcd 12-17-2012 03:22 PM

I'm still working on a picture of the 166" 8 pt. I've seen it on my friend's phone. He's working on getting me a better picture. I'll post it when I get it.

Kyle 12-17-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat (Post 896699)
dont knock it till ya tried it - ask Kyle :D

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You guys are funny MFERS :D

HRC 12-17-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski/hunt (Post 896584)

You sound like me. Last week I was sitting in the stand listening to turkeys gobble at every roll of thunder. Got me excited about next spring.
I haven't gotten a chance at a buck yet this year but between my son and I we've put 3 good does in the freezer.

BTV 12-18-2012 10:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmkkdx (Post 892815)
I just got a chance of a lifetime dropped in my lap this morning ... my bro in law leases out about 50,000+/- acres low fence free range up in the TX panhandle and then subleases out and guides hunters for high $$$ for monster TX whitetails & Muleys (b/c 160"<). The first couple of weeks of season were extremely hot and not all the hunters took a deer, leaving a couple of whitetail tags open that he offered for my son, son in law and I to go up and hunt between Christmas & New Years for free in exchange for us helping him load and haul stuff back. I have always wanted to hunt up there for a wall hanger monster but couldn't justify the $$$ with all my other hobbies (and my current central TX lease). I am stoked if we can get the group planned out around the other activities during the holidays...

Been a good year up here in the panhandle. I'm from Amarillo. Where will you be hunting? The only bad thing is a lot of the bucks racks are already broken up. Good luck!

Here are the two bucks I took in the eastern panhandle this year.

clrussell 12-18-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTV (Post 896948)
Been a good year up here in the panhandle. I'm from Amarillo. Where will you be hunting? The only bad thing is a lot of the bucks racks are already broken up. Good luck!

WOW!

Tapatalk

76S&S 12-18-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Great looking bucks! What bow are you shooting?

pmkkdx 12-18-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

both very nice bucks! I will be up in that area between Christmas & New Years hunting a portion of the JA ranch outside Clarendon.

BTV 12-18-2012 07:49 PM

Thanks. I shoot a Mathews Z7.

pmkkdx - Thats where I would have guessed you where going. The first buck pictured came off a place just east of the JA. Have a good hunt.

bcd 10-27-2013 10:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I get to bring this thread back for 2013.

JohnnyB 10-28-2013 05:49 AM

Congrats....wow, now that is a swamp donkey

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2