TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   Find A Pull / Give a Pull (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lake Conroe (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51172)

ntropy 10-01-2012 10:38 PM

Lake Conroe

Midweek pulls with a '12 X2. Most likely going to be going all winter, since a) there is no winter in Texas and b) life is too short to only ride in warm water. PM me if you're interested in joining us.

gts-20 10-01-2012 11:52 PM

Funny you posted this. FedEx just delivered 2 new wetsuits for us to use on Conroe later this fall and winter.

ntropy 10-07-2012 10:35 AM

Heater shirts work

Went yesterday to surf, and neither I nor my Texas-born wife needed any additional gear. We probably won't need heater shirts for another couple of weeks, although lake temperature is dropping by about a degree every three days. Riding again soon, so I'll reply if I encounter any shrinkage.

houtexX30 10-09-2012 10:48 AM

Do friday's count as midweek if it's at daybreak?

aquaman 10-09-2012 11:51 AM

Ditto that.....

Friday mornings early are good.

ntropy 10-12-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houtexX30 (Post 883266)
Do friday's count as midweek if it's at daybreak?

All seven days are midweek, if you think about it... :D

ntropy 10-12-2012 01:26 PM

Rode yesterday and had great surf sessions, but by 2PM the south wind had Lake Cornhole so choppy that waiting for the boat to come around for pickup felt like Marky Mark after Clooney sunk his boat. Mornings are definitely better, but getting significantly cooler.

atthelake 10-12-2012 03:51 PM

Significantly cooler meaning???? 70-75F water temp?

Spork 10-12-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atthelake (Post 884049)
Significantly cooler meaning???? 70-75F water temp?

Yep,
Water temp 74.6 deg F as of today and air temp is 85.2 deg F

atthelake 10-12-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 884056)
Yep,
Water temp 74.6 deg F as of today and air temp is 85.2 deg F

Lotsa jobs in Texas for EH&S guys?
The lake where we have our cabin at, during July reached a maximum temp of 79 and that's after 3 weeks of steady 92-98 degF days!!!!

gts-20 10-12-2012 05:05 PM

We're headed out Sunday AM if the rain holds off.

Spork 10-12-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gts-20 (Post 884070)
We're headed out Sunday AM if the rain holds off.

ohhh but we do need the rain...

Spork 10-12-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atthelake (Post 884069)
Lotsa jobs in Texas for EH&S guys?
The lake where we have our cabin at, during July reached a maximum temp of 79 and that's after 3 weeks of steady 92-98 degF days!!!!

We do have a lot of out of towners moving to TX as we do have some jobs but it's nothing to write to obama about,

atthelake 10-12-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 884075)
We do have a lot of out of towners moving to TX as we do have some jobs but it's nothing to write to obama about,

Hahaha. I tell you, our season is so short up here it would make you cry.

ntropy 10-17-2012 07:30 PM

It's around 73 degrees now (water temp) so out come the heater shirts. :rolleyes: How cold does the water have to get for a Canadian to consider it "chilly"?

ntropy 10-28-2012 10:39 AM

Headed out in 50 degree air for 70 degree water. I'm thinking I'll break out the heater shirt. Safe riding, everyone.

RaggedEarl 10-29-2012 08:48 PM

Here's the proof we went on Sunday. ntropy's X2, my GoPro.

http://i.imgur.com/BJ4Cf.jpg

gts-20 10-30-2012 12:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ntropy (Post 887211)
Headed out in 50 degree air for 70 degree water. I'm thinking I'll break out the heater shirt. Safe riding, everyone.

We were out 10/28 also. It was a little chilly, but still a nice day on the water.

ntropy 10-30-2012 05:54 PM

GTS-20, did you end up using the new wetsuits? Earl used his but only because he has negative body fat. I used a heater shirt for my first run but was fine without it for the second one, until I got out into the wind. Going out again Thursday.

gts-20 10-30-2012 06:39 PM

My girlfriend had some continuing education CPE accounting courses she had to take online, so the only way I was "allowed" to go, was if she could take here iPad and spend the day in the sun taking here 3-4 hour course. I didn't even get wet. lol. We got out late, around 1:00, and found a quiet spot out of the wind and anchored up. We both took this coming Friday off, and are staying up there all weekend, so we should be out there Fri., Sat., and maybe Sun. Hopefully we will get to use the wetsuits.

ntropy 10-31-2012 09:09 AM

This recent cold snap might have made them necessary. We're going out tomorrow (Thursday). Sounds like a stellar weekend! Enjoy.

Ironhorse 10-31-2012 09:24 AM

You guys are killing us Canadians. We start in the spring in a dry suit with the water temp at 52 and my lake will only get into the low 80's as a high. I will be in Houston to watch the Texans & Jaguars in Nov, but wont have time to enjoy any time on the water. Freezing in Canada and green with envy!!

ntropy 11-01-2012 05:27 PM

Jags won't win. Come ride instead!

Traxx822 11-03-2012 11:19 AM

Hey guys. I'm in Houston for the week. If anyone wants to give me a pull I will be indebt to you. I brought my ocean surf board but there is no swell in Galveston. Hit me up on PM so I get an email on my phone.

Traxx822 11-04-2012 12:54 PM

Im picking up a new doomswell 4'5" wakesurf today if anyone wants to try it out. heading to dallas all next week. Back to Houston next weekend.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

ntropy 11-04-2012 12:57 PM

Friday's ride was epic. Glass for most of the day, water was 71 degrees, air 65-85. Getting 1400# of ballast delivered Thursday, and can't wait to go again Friday if the weather holds.

psychobilly 11-05-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gts-20 (Post 887724)
My girlfriend had some continuing education CPE accounting courses she had to take online, so the only way I was "allowed" to go, was if she could take here iPad and spend the day in the sun taking here 3-4 hour course. I didn't even get wet. lol. We got out late, around 1:00, and found a quiet spot out of the wind and anchored up. We both took this coming Friday off, and are staying up there all weekend, so we should be out there Fri., Sat., and maybe Sun. Hopefully we will get to use the wetsuits.

How'd the weekend turn out? I made it home but it don't look like we will be making it back out on the MC this year... 😢

gts-20 11-05-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychobilly (Post 888680)
How'd the weekend turn out? I made it home but it don't look like we will be making it back out on the MC this year... ��

Welcome back buddy!

The weekend was great. We were out Friday afternoon from about 12:30 to dark. Sat morning we got up early and went out for a few hours, then went back to the hotel to watch the A&M game (Mary is a Aggie, not me. lol.). It poured rain Sat. afternoon, so I got to go shopping, soooo boring. We went out Sun from about 9:00-3:00. We skied and listened to the Texans game. For the most part, the water was great all weekend. Air temp was in the high 70's-low 80's. Water temp was between 70-76 depending on where we were. "The spot" was glass every time we went up there. We were the only boat in the whole cove.

Why do you think you won't make it back out? Is there something wrong with your MC? We need to get together. If you still need some help @ your new place, just let me know.

gts-20 02-04-2013 12:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Went out today, Sunday 2/3. Air temp 70+ degrees, water temp 61-64 degrees. Hard to believe its early February. Spent some quality time with the fiancÚ, enjoyed the sunshine and warm weather. Best Super Bowl pre game activity ever! Attachment 89557
Attachment 89558

ntropy 02-04-2013 07:34 AM

Very nice. Just had a Ronix Parks Thruster delivered, but can't ride today... instead, the family is getting a tour of the Mastercraft factory in Vonore, Tennessee! I'm excited. Hopefully we can settle on which model we want to upgrade to. See y'all on the water.

psychobilly 02-04-2013 10:34 AM

It dont look like yawl made it to teh "spot" . I reckon cuz the lake level is low. I think they are doing some work on the dam.

Looks good man!

gts-20 02-04-2013 11:18 AM

Hey buddy, how is China treatin' ya?. Those pics are from the dam looking north. The water lever was 198.19 when we launched. They have 3 or 4 barges w/ cranes anchored by the dam, and what looks like a coffer dam built. We did run up to "the spot" to get some charge time on the battery. It was so quiet up there you could hear critters running through the brush on the bank. It was very peacefull. We didn't spend much time in the water since we left our wetsuits at the house.

gts-20 04-05-2013 10:12 AM

We are going out on Conroe for the day, Sun. 4/7, around 9:00am. Anyone been out lately? Or going this weekend? I see the water level is still useable @ 198.2.

ntropy 04-05-2013 10:20 AM

Water is high enough, but be cautious around the cove. Some fishermen recently sunk some Christmas trees near the NE edge of the point, so it's best to stay wide in the channel before cutting back in. You should have no problem riding main lake this time of year though. We should be out both late Saturday and all day Sunday. Black and white low-profile X2. Have fun!

psychobilly 04-05-2013 10:37 AM

I don't get back in the states until the 18th but you can bet your bottom Jamie and I will be seeing you and Mary out there soon!!!! Beau Hunter says, "Daddy, wader!!!" lol He's ready too!!!!! I can't wait to get the green beast out of stoarge and let her taste the wader this year!!!!

gts-20 04-05-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntropy (Post 922250)
Water is high enough, but be cautious around the cove. Some fishermen recently sunk some Christmas trees near the NE edge of the point, so it's best to stay wide in the channel before cutting back in. You should have no problem riding main lake this time of year though. We should be out both late Saturday and all day Sunday. Black and white low-profile X2. Have fun!

We'll look for ya. Ours is the white and red Prostar 214 w/ mini tower. I think we are going to head all the way north to "the spot".

gts-20 04-05-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychobilly (Post 922256)
I don't get back in the states until the 18th but you can bet your bottom Jamie and I will be seeing you and Mary out there soon!!!! Beau Hunter says, "Daddy, wader!!!" lol He's ready too!!!!! I can't wait to get the green beast out of stoarge and let her taste the wader this year!!!!

We are looking forward to it buddy!

psychobilly 04-05-2013 12:59 PM

We shall see you at "the spot" soon brother!!! Reminds me I need to make us a sign fer "the spot" this year. lol

BradleyV 04-08-2013 01:49 PM

Good Morning guys,
I made my maiden voyage (ever) on Conroe this past Sunday. I took a buddy with me to show me around. I think we went up to where you guys are talking about. Beyond the stumps where you have to take the path on the far left side of the lake? I'll be honest, that made me nervous as crap. But, I saw quite a few boats buzzing through there. We made it fine. I'm sure you have to just get used to it.

I'd like to know where you guys ski/wakeboard. Is it back there, or in other coves?

I have a red/black/flake '12 X2. If you see me, don't be a stranger. I'm always looking to meet people who enjoy the water as much as I do.

I won't be out there this weekend, but maybe the following. I will keep an eye out for you guys as well.

Brad

psychobilly 04-08-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyV (Post 923074)
Good Morning guys,
I made my maiden voyage (ever) on Conroe this past Sunday. I took a buddy with me to show me around. I think we went up to where you guys are talking about. Beyond the stumps where you have to take the path on the far left side of the lake? I'll be honest, that made me nervous as crap. But, I saw quite a few boats buzzing through there. We made it fine. I'm sure you have to just get used to it.

I'd like to know where you guys ski/wakeboard. Is it back there, or in other coves?

I have a red/black/flake '12 X2. If you see me, don't be a stranger. I'm always looking to meet people who enjoy the water as much as I do.

I won't be out there this weekend, but maybe the following. I will keep an eye out for you guys as well.

Brad

That sounds like you were at the spot. :-)

I can take you all over with my GPS and you think you were SH&*ING following your buddy, jump in with me and I'll take you right through the stumps. lol The ONLY reason I can do that is becaue when the lake was 7' low I had my GPS in my skiff and marked a load of channels on my plotter. I have a mount and pig tail in both boats so I just take the Plotter from either boat.

Be carefull up there because I have seen a guy rip out two I/Os. Well, one went to the bottom and the other was tore up. He was scoot'n with those twins until he found a stump...

I have the green and white 240 SC, can't miss it. I'll be looking for ya! GTS-20 is normally tied up to starboard at the spot.