TeamTalk

TeamTalk (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/index.php)
-   What is this boat worth? (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   1994 Maristar 225LSV Needs Repower (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=61245)

averagename 06-03-2014 04:53 PM

1994 Maristar 225LSV Needs Repower

Unfortunately the engine failed on my 1994 Maristar last Fall and with a new born baby, my lack of technical skills, and a tight budget I'm considering selling the boat. No problems with the hull. Only two summers on the manifolds and risers, has tower and tower speakers.

What do you think it's worth?

-Dave

Jerseydave 06-03-2014 05:39 PM

Which engine is in it? Can you describe what you mean by "engine failed?"

Was it ever used in salt water? Do you have a trailer? If so, what make?

Pictures would help.....might be a nice project boat for somebody.

Or keep it, repower and use it more when the little tyke gets bigger.

Roman 06-03-2014 05:45 PM

From what Ive seen and missed around me, I wouldn't be offering much more than 5, maybe 6 depending on the condition.

Word of caution, I usually come in low (but with cash).

Jeff d 06-03-2014 06:09 PM

Is it not a 225 VRS? I'm not familiar with the LSV.

If it's the 225 VRS they aren't exactly highly sought after boats other than the fact that they are indeed V-Drive. It's more comparable to a 21' boat due to the integrated swim platform.

Unless the interior, hull and trailer are absolutely pristine I personally would probably come in even lower than Roman. A new/rebuilt engine would be in the neighborhood of $2,500 plus a lot of DIY man hours. I don't work for free to break even vs. the normal retail price though. If I was going to take on a project like that I'd want to be handsomely compensated relative to relative to retail with a big cushion to cover all of the minor odds and ends that come into play on a project plus potentially major unknowns such a bad transmission.

MC25 06-03-2014 06:11 PM

Yeah pics!

Bouyhead 06-03-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by averagename (Post 1050856)
Unfortunately the engine failed on my 1994 Maristar last Fall and with a new born baby, my lack of technical skills, and a tight budget I'm considering selling the boat. No problems with the hull. Only two summers on the manifolds and risers, has tower and tower speakers.

What do you think it's worth?

-Dave

PM sent.

drschemel 06-04-2014 11:05 AM

per his older posts, it is a 350 motor, and a mechanic told him is was "hydrolocked". The boat has spent it's entire life in salt water and has significant corrosion. Good luck. A salvage sale is going to be painful but sounds necessary

Theomedic 06-04-2014 10:25 PM

Worst case scenario you could always donate it for the tax deduction?

averagename 06-05-2014 10:56 AM

Photos

9 Attachment(s)
I have uploaded photos as requested.

The engine hydrolocked, I had a couple mechanics confirm this was the case. It was the original engine and had been giving me trouble since I purchased the boat 3 years ago. It was run on salt water its entire life but while I had it it was trailered and fresh water flushed each day it was used.

DAMN IT! The photos are upside down! I'll rotate in a few.

averagename 06-05-2014 01:19 PM

Right Side Up this Time

9 Attachment(s)
Ok, this time I've submitted the photos right side up...