Go Back   TeamTalk > View Profile


MC Fanatic

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 62
  1. QBhater
    07-29-2013 04:40 PM
    Hey Eric,
    I was wondering if you have a used 14 x 20 cup 1 1/8 tapered prop for my 2001 Mastercraft prostar 205 V? I was looking for a spare one...Thanks Mike
  2. Fishnhunt
    07-09-2013 06:02 PM
    Hey Eric I have 89 prostar 190 with power slot. Mostly pull kids on wakeboard with several people in the boat. What prop would you recommend?
  3. franknelson
    03-04-2013 09:45 PM
    hi eric looks like you are the man on boat props hope you can help i have a 2007 mastercraft x-45 with a 8.1liter L-18 motor i am looking for a good all around prop we do alittle wakesurfing and alittle wakeboarding run alittle ballest the current prop size is oj part #1p13020 14.25x14.50 4 bladed any help would be appreciated what about a 5 blade prop ?my email is franknelsonweld12004@gmail.com phone number is 12053944150 thank u for your help top rpm now with current prop is about 5000rpm
  4. erervin
    11-27-2012 03:48 PM
    Hey Eric, heard you were the guy who knows props.
    I'm looking at alternatives to my stock 4-blade prop that has a few blemishes. I have a 2005 Prostar 197 Tournament Team wit the Indmar MCX and 1.26:1 transmission. Slalom approximately 80% and barefoot the other 20%. Have plenty of hole shot now, but would like a bit more top end. What's your recommendation? Thanks for your time.
  5. Jason.H.
    08-09-2012 03:12 PM
    Hello there, I'm looking at getting a new prop on my 1990 tristar 190. It has 351w with 1:1 trans. The factory prop seems to be working just fine but it has a couple small knicks in it and Im thinking there has got to be a better performing prop made in the last 22 years haha! I only wake board, no skiing or footing. Dont use any ballast at this time but if I do it wont be more than say 500 pounds or so. What prop would you recommend? Thanks so much
  6. loeweb
    06-14-2012 03:58 PM
    Hi Eric, my brother has an 89 190 and he's looking for a new prop. Any recommendations for a recreational skier and barefooted just looking for a better hole shot and a smoother ride from his 3 blade. Thanks for all your help.
  7. goebelt
    06-08-2012 12:28 AM
    Hey Eric. I have an x 45 2006 with the 8.1 liter engine. It is new to me and checking into a new prop. We mostly do wakeboarding and surfing. We are in Saskatchewn Canada at elevation of 1800 to 2300 feet. Currently have a 13.5 x 19.5 not sure what the cup size is? Any advice
  8. adam9267
    10-18-2011 03:55 PM
    Looking to replace a damaged prop on my 1984 mastercraft Stars and Stripes. It has 351w ford 1.52:1 power slot 1-1/8" shaft LH rotation. Current prop was 14x18 3 balde oj. Use of boat is slalom, wakeboard, knee board and tubing. At times will fill 1500lbs of ballast. Thinking 4 blade but not shure. Also looking at strut bushing and a dripless seal.
  9. MC240
    06-19-2011 01:43 PM
    My neighbor has bent his Vengence 3 blade stainless steel prop off of a Boston Whaler with 115 Mercury outboard. It is probably still an 8 0n a 1 to 10 scale. Approximately how much would it take to repair? Thanks for the help. The prop you sold me last year for my 240 maristar is working great.
  10. pmkkdx
    05-23-2011 06:49 PM
    hey Eric, need some prop advise. I have a '04 Mastercraft X2 with the Predator engine (I think, not the pretty red MCX), everything is stock as far as I can tell, bought used June 2009 with ~150 hrs, came in from out West (Nevada I think). Prop was trashed when I got boat, had rebuilt at Nettles (Austin, TX) shortly after I purchased. Time for another rebuild but not sure if repairable this go around. Just wondering what numbers should I be looking for on a new prop? currently has a 13.7x19.5 C OJ and I see from factory manual, a 14x20 was stock. We use mainly on non flow (no current) lakes in central TX. 26 y/o son semi agreesive wake boards (~22-24 mph) & surfs (9-13 mph?) both with full factory ballist, 25 y/o daughter non-aggressive wakeboards (17-20 mph), wife still loves to slalom but non-aggressive & quite a bit of low speed cruising (short stints 25-40 mph getting places when water smooth enough). Typically will have 4-8 adults on board. no perfect pass. hard to maintain a consistent speed with the more aggresive wakeboarding and often difficult to maintain surf speed that low. I believe top speed is ~47-48 mph per speedo WOT. Should I be moving to different prop size/pitch?

About Me

  • About EJ OJPROP
    East Tennessee
    Team MasterCraft Member
    Propeller Monkey
  • Signature
    Eric Johnson
    Johnson Propeller Co., Inc


Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: Yesterday 04:06 PM
  • Join Date: 03-11-2005
  • Referrals: 0


Showing Friends 1 to 10 of 11

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 AM.