PDA

View Full Version : Should Pendo try barefooting without a barefoot suit?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-29-2006, 11:06 AM
OK, Pendo tells me that he has a barefoot boom now, but no barefoot suit. He wants to know if he should try to barefoot without a barefoot suit. He asked me to poll you fine poeple. SO here we go!

PendO
06-29-2006, 11:10 AM
OK, Pendo tells me that he has a barefoot boom now, but no barefoot suit. He wants to know if he should try to barefoot without a barefoot suit. He asked me to poll you fine poeple. SO here we go!

Thanks UMP:)

06-29-2006, 11:11 AM
the POLE is whats mounted to your boat! the POLL is whats listed above! :D

VOTE AWAY!!! :)

erkoehler
06-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Make sure you bring a spare set of board shorts.....

east tx skier
06-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Every bit of advice I've gotten from a guy that does nothing but barefoot is don't do it, if you value what lies beneath that is.

3event
06-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Get the suit! When I was 17ish I learned to step off, all we wore was cutoffs over swimsuit for an extra layer and a vest. We took a lot of painful falls. I'm not teaching anyone on my boat without the right suit! You never know what can happen , even on the boom.

jlf
06-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Suit gets my vote, I've only tried once and got my rear kicked even with a suit on.

rodltg2
06-29-2006, 11:26 AM
you'll be fine if your just learning off the boom. you will definalty have some bruises though. when your ready to move on to tricks and deep water starts get the suit....

PendO
06-29-2006, 11:29 AM
so, starting off the boom ... anything special ??? I'm sure getting up will be physically challenging, but it cant be harder than learning to sky ski ... still, the whole brusing part is a bit disconcerting ... I thought I just had to hang on the boom and put my feet down when I get up to speed?

Maybee I should get a suit and some of those training shoe-ski looking things?

rodltg2
06-29-2006, 11:33 AM
no you wont need those training shoes off the boom.... its very easy to learn ... my girlfriend did it last year .....

jraben8
06-29-2006, 11:35 AM
If he hasn't done it before and won't have anyone with him that has I'd say no.

Kell
06-29-2006, 12:46 PM
What...........has UMP lost his super hero powers? No UMP option! :D

Leroy
06-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Don't be a wimp Pendo!

Wish I could see this!

Disclaimer: I haven't been barefooting since college....

PendO
06-29-2006, 01:07 PM
just got off the phone with a buddy who used to foot ... I'm gonna need some beers in me before I try this!

tex
06-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Real men do back deeps naked!

Leroy
06-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Now you are talking PendO!

Remember it is easy to post movies now!

just got off the phone with a buddy who used to foot ... I'm gonna need some beers in me before I try this!

jrhollow
06-29-2006, 01:15 PM
I learned long-line off a wakeboard without a board shorts and a life jacket. I had never seen anyone barefoot in person, just read about it in waterski magazine.

I didn't try to deep water start until I got a pair of barefoot shorts though.

GO FOR IT!

06-29-2006, 01:17 PM
What...........has UMP lost his super hero powers? No UMP option! :D
Hey Kell, remember I AM UMP, so EVERY option is an "UMP" option in my polls! :D

Rockman
06-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Buy a barefoot suit and then get some shorts. You'll save alot of pain and aggravation. Trust me on this one.

Whatever Erkle, tells you don't try barefootin in Nut-Huggers...I don't care how sexy Erkle tells you it is. :eek:

Mag_Red
06-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Hey if I can do it.................any one can :D Give it a go Pendo. Can't be any worse than the wife's lawn job ;)

PendO
06-29-2006, 02:03 PM
my brother in law (will be in 2 weeks) is gonna try my old barefoot suit ... he is an s-load skinnier than I am and has no clue how to do anything behind the boat (can't ski or board - BUT he is crazy good on a motocross track) ... I would probably go buy a bf suit, but I don't know where to get on in Spokane ... looks like barts or overtons are 2 week on shipping. I will get one on order, but this weekend there will be some DAMAGE:)

06-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Whatever Erkle, tells you don't try barefootin in speedos...I don't care how sexy Erkle says you look in them. :eek:
First HB with the Sheep, now this! :uglyhamme

06-29-2006, 02:07 PM
This is an interesting score on the poll. very balanced...... interesting!

PendO
06-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Buy a barefoot suit and then get some shorts. You'll save alot of pain and aggravation. Trust me on this one.

Whatever Erkle, tells you don't try barefootin in Nut-Huggers...I don't care how sexy Erkle tells you it is. :eek:

okay, Rockman is the only guy who has voted and has a BF200, so I am thinking that he is looking out for my safety and everyone else is waiting for pictures?

06-29-2006, 02:37 PM
okay, Rockman is the only guy who has voted and has a BF200, so I am thinking that he is looking out for my safety and everyone else is waiting for pictures?
NO ME! UMP didnt vote! :wavey:

sassydog
06-29-2006, 04:54 PM
i once read an article in Waterski Magazine explaining the early years of barefooting with Scarpa and Seipel. Scarpa mentioned that his lack of cash led him to double and tripple up pairs of jean shorts and even stuff a small chair cushion in his drawers when first starting out. He also went on to mention that his dry suit consisted of black garbage bags and duct tape. So this goes to show you that if there's a will, there's a way, but by NO means should you learn to barefoot on just some trunks(or godforbid, nuthuggers)!!!!

peason
06-29-2006, 05:15 PM
I did a long line deep start 2 weeks ago, with my barefoot suit on but with out my shorty underneath it. I am still having trouble sitting down - I bruised my tailbone - didn't realize it at the time - but I am now paying the price. I have done a couple of step-offs lately since I "sit" on the water.

Good luck Pend-O - your young it will heal fast!

rodltg2
06-29-2006, 05:26 PM
i used to barefoot alot, never owned a barefoot suit.. common dont be a wussy... :D

on a side note, i dont barefoot anymore unless on the boom after the ear drum incident

06-29-2006, 05:49 PM
i used to barefoot alot, never owned a barefoot suit.. common dont be a wussy... :D

on a side note, i dont barefoot anymore unless on the boom after the ear drum incident
well THAT sure explains alot about you Rod 8p head injury while barefooting.....we will keep in that in mind. ;)

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Boom you are fine! Longline maybe not! :o You aren't going to fall are you? Anytime I was on a boom it was in a shorty only with a vest(learning). The suits definately allow more tricks and offer a ton more protection when you go to the line. Off the boom there won't be much more than your legs in the water anyway! :D

06-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Better listen to them Flounder, they're pre-med! :D

Rockman
06-29-2006, 06:19 PM
i once read an article in Waterski Magazine explaining the early years of barefooting with Scarpa and Seipel. Scarpa mentioned that his lack of cash led him to double and tripple up pairs of jean shorts and even stuff a small chair cushion in his drawers when first starting out. He also went on to mention that his dry suit consisted of black garbage bags and duct tape. So this goes to show you that if there's a will, there's a way, but by NO means should you learn to barefoot on just some trunks(or godforbid, nuthuggers)!!!!

The good old days (70s) when jean shorts were the thing to wear. Road rash on the water does not feel good.

Boom runs are fine with just a pair of shorts but your "stuff" will be getting alot of spray and it probably will hurt after a while.

I don't foot in swim shorts but I have a funny story to tell...

A guy across the lake from us comes over once in a while to get a few boom runs in.

He straps down his life vest, puts his old tennis shoes on and tells me to go about 50! :eek:

He then hops out on the boom, goes around the lake a few times, gets back in the boat and lights up a smoke and says "Damn, I feel pretty good." :headbang:

If you look over at the girls in the boat, they are either laughing or about to puke because his "sausage" was hangin out of his shorts half way around the lake! :noface:

rodltg2
06-29-2006, 06:29 PM
ive had a few friends tear up there shorts too, and some girls loose their bottoms :) :) on the boom

jmyers
06-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Not from barefooting but the best was when I bought a brand new pair of shorts and on my first run I got out and my shorts were ripped all the way down! :eek: I stopped at the gas dock and used a stapler to staple them back together! :D

betsy&david Harrison
06-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Big Dave..other half...was black and blue from the thigh up to his hiney! It was purty! Give it a try and see the body art you gain from it. B :D :eek3:

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 07:22 PM
You (david) got that beat up off of the boom or on line off of the boom? Granted it has been awhile since I was on a boom but I think I could do it bare? Not that I would! ;) Long line and line off the boom I agree! :o

Footin
06-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Your "boys need a house" when footin, wear a suit.

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 08:48 PM
I thought three was easier than two? ;) Your "boys need a house" when footin, wear a suit.

BriEOD
06-29-2006, 08:59 PM
I don't foot often, but when I do I don't have a suit (off to boom). I've taken some tumbles but I think I've been beat up worse coming over the top of my ski. :twocents:

6ballsisall
06-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Off the boom if all else failed I "might" try it without a suit. Shortline or Longline most definetely wouldn't do it without a suit.

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Are you saying next Mag Mania we should boom bare? I am out but with the correct amount of frothy beverage I may be in! :D Everyone could see my MC tatoo then! ;)
Anyone else picturing Jeff in OLD SCHOOL? Hey what's up? Were all skiing naked!Off the boom if all else failed I "might" try it without a suit. Shortline or Longline most definetely wouldn't do it without a suit.

6ballsisall
06-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Are you saying next Mag Mania we should boom bare? I am out but with the correct amount of frothy beverage I may be in! :D Everyone could see my MC tatoo then! ;)

Uhhhh...dude I meant without a BAREFOOT suit. You aren't going to catch me on the boom in my bday suit........ :rolleyes:

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Oh! Of course I knew you were kidding! :confused: Uhhhh...dude I meant without a BAREFOOT suit. You aren't going to catch me on the boom in my bday suit........ :rolleyes:

BriEOD
06-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Uhhhh...dude I meant without a BAREFOOT suit. You aren't going to catch me on the boom in my bday suit........ :rolleyes:
We all know you meant a bathing suit. :eek:

PendO
06-29-2006, 09:23 PM
I am still undecided as the day comes to a close ... WHAT is the worst injury that anyone has had falling/letting go of a boom learning to barefoot???? [I gotta work next week]

6ballsisall
06-29-2006, 09:25 PM
I am still undecided as the day comes to a close ... WHAT is the worst injury that anyone has had falling/letting go of a boom learning to barefoot???? [I gotta work next week]

Can you say enema??? Not personally experience but it could very easily happen.......

Are you done having kids?

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Hang on to the BOOM! You will fall but just to your knees. Relax, Hang and pull yourself around and plant your feet. Arms straight, seated position and a straight back. If you are tired give the driver a nod and spin to your back. You won't have to let go! It is easy! The boom is big so your fore arms get tired quick! Believe me you could hang there forever on your back!! ;) $10 bucks says you are on one foot the first run!I am still undecided as the day comes to a close ... WHAT is the worst injury that anyone has had falling/letting go of a boom learning to barefoot???? [I gotta work next week]

06-29-2006, 09:32 PM
i dont think we need to be draggin buck arse nekkid off the barefoot boom at MM. That sort of thing isnt our bag baby!

6ballsisall
06-29-2006, 09:34 PM
i dont think we need to be draggin buck arse nekkid off the barefoot boom at MM. That sort of thing isnt our bag baby!

TRU DAT!!! That sorta thing starts takin place and I am taking my toys and going home.......

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 09:36 PM
It is sorta like shopping and pushing the shopping cart! You know when you pull yourself up and glide along behind the cart. You can do that on the boom! Picture trying to stop a runaway cart! You are sliding along and whenever you want you can pop up and straight arm it so you are above the cart and off of the pavement/water. When you want drop back down and slide again! Spin on your back when you are tired and let the driver know you are done. You can also jump straight backwords and land butt first!

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Anyone else get these double posts? :confused:

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 09:38 PM
Good enough for me! I ain't even bringin' a suit now! ;) FRANKS AND BEANS!TRU DAT!!! That sorta thing starts takin place and I am taking my toys and going home.......

06-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Anyone else get these double posts? :confused:
whatchoo talkin' bout?

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 09:49 PM
It was taking forever and the post above yours posted twice! I changed the first one to read about the double posts!

06-29-2006, 09:50 PM
It was taking forever and the post above yours posted twice! I changed the first one to read about the double posts!
you sure that aint DOUBLE BEERS and not double posts? :uglyhamme

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Could that happen? :confused:

06-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Could that happen? :confused:
If you had Doc Brown's Delorean Time Machine at 88 MPH it could! :eek:

betsy&david Harrison
06-29-2006, 10:53 PM
You (david) got that beat up off of the boom or on line off of the boom? Granted it has been awhile since I was on a boom but I think I could do it bare? Not that I would! ;) Long line and line off the boom I agree! :o
I am pretty sure he had the boom only. Should have seen the striations in the bruising...amazing Ha Ha Ha Beautiful purple to green shading

atlfootr
06-30-2006, 02:34 AM
OK, Pendo tells me that he has a barefoot boom now, but no barefoot suit. He wants to know if he should try to barefoot without a barefoot suit. He asked me to poll you fine poeple. SO here we go!Pedo - go naked :headbang:
This guy did and became pretty famous.

Here's alittle bit about him .... Heath Cooper from Mobile, Alabama
Heath performed his unforgettable Naked Back Deep.

Ric
06-30-2006, 07:41 AM
keep your toes up..
There is no good way to fall because when your fall begins or when something goes wrong, you won't know it til your eyelids are peeled back and you realize you are floating in the water here and the boat is wayy down there...

06-30-2006, 08:10 AM
keep your toes up..
There is no good way to fall because when your fall begins or when something goes wrong, you won't know it til your eyelids are peeled back and you realize you are floating in the water here and the boat it wayy down there...
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

MarkP
06-30-2006, 08:19 AM
OK, Pendo tells me that he has a barefoot boom now, but no barefoot suit. He wants to know if he should try to barefoot without a barefoot suit. He asked me to poll you fine poeple. SO here we go!GO FOR IT!!!