PDA

View Full Version : My Wife & the Lawnmower:)

PendO
06-29-2006, 12:33 AM
Okay, so I am at work today and my wife calls to say she is going to mow the lawn ... it is her day off from work and she wanted to mow the back yard and have the kids run through the sprinklers ... mind you she has asked me to teach here how to used our Honda mower a bunch of times, but I never have ... first she calls to see how to start it (everything goes okay) ... then calls to see how to make the blade turn (tell her about the bar you have to hold in - that goes okay) ... but I tell her, you need to raise the mower up, as the back yard is higher than the front ... so, then I get a call that the mower keeps stalling???? I ask if it is out of gas ... she says she filled it ... I ask which can ... she says the small one (yeah, the one for the edger mixed with oil) ... I say, no big deal, I'll look at it when I get home ... when I get home she has the mower looking like a drag car ... all the way up in the back, all the way down in the front ... so now there are 3 strips of grass that are brown b/c it was 95 degrees here and the grass is Super short ... pretty damn funny actually ... I guess we are even since the reason her mountain bike tire popped over the weekend was that I put 120psi into the tires - not reading the label and just filling them like road bike tires ... oh, well, maybe I will post a picture tomorrow when it is light out:) Gawd I love her!

Hoosier Bob
06-29-2006, 12:41 AM
120 PSI and she is the dumbarse? Too funny now cut that grass I am drinkin' and out! :D

PendO
06-29-2006, 12:48 AM
yeah ... the 120psi was definitely stupid, considering I have filled tires for 20+ years ... now I know why the tire sounded like a dry ice bomb going off when it popped!

Leroy
06-29-2006, 01:15 AM
That is some pressure in a tire probably meant for 60PSI!

Don't you love them when they try something new and mostly succeed!

PendO
06-29-2006, 01:30 AM
yeah, I saw the (135-60) and read it as 135-60 ... mind you, it was 6:30 am on a sunday as we went over to CDA to watch Ironman (so I wasn't awake:)) ... I'm just glad it popped after our ride ... as we parked 5 miles away ... she did say "man, this ride is a lot smoother than when I rode the other day" :)

oh, and the trying something new ... definitely agree:)

Ric
06-29-2006, 08:07 AM
THAT is funny.
nobody got hurt and they both will be stories you never forget

RexDog1
06-30-2006, 09:47 AM
About 5 years back my wife thought that she would help me out
With the lawn, the 2 cycle weed-wackier needed gas so she put
Some gas in it??? Hummmmmm not good, she said it worked for
About 3 minutes then BOOMMMMM She Thought I would hit the roof when I got home
For breaking it, sooooo she took it in to get it fixed, I had no idea what was going on, yet!! It took about 4 days before I realized it was gone??
I ask about it?? She came clean told me the whole story, well to make a very boring story
Shorter, the bill to fix it was $325.00 for a $175.00 weed-wackier
You know you got to love her :headbang: