PDA

View Full Version : Engine, Is it normal ? 197 prostar

boatless
06-28-2006, 12:26 PM
I have a 2005 197 prostar with a 310horse engine and power slot. When I slow down the boat, we heard this rumbling noise from the engine that would rumble our ears. Is that normal ? If it is then does it has anything to do with the engine being in the middle of the boat ? I use to have an I/O and didn't experienced anything like this.

Oh, and my wife was laughing the hole time while we were on the water. The boat was so rough going through waves, that her female friends boobies%^$# was bouncing so bad that they have to hold it in place with there hands. :headbang: All I could do was having a grind on my face. :o

bigmac
06-28-2006, 12:38 PM
I have a 2005 197 prostar with a 310horse engine and power slot. When I slow down the boat, we heard this rumbling noise from the engine that would rumble our ears. Is that normal ? If it is then does it has anything to do with the engine being in the middle of the boat ? I use to have an I/O and didn't experienced anything like this.

Oh, and my wife was laughing the hole time while we were on the water. The boat was so rough going through waves, that her female friends boobies%^$# was bouncing so bad that they have to hold it in place with there hands. :headbang: All I could do was having a grind on my face. :o

My boat does that after upgrading the prop to an Acme 847. Backing off from speed results in a interesting growl.

sanjuan23
06-28-2006, 12:43 PM
My 205 does the same thing when dropping speed to turn and retrive a rider after the prop upgrade. I just put it down and loosing pressure around the prop didnt think too much of it. But then I read the cavitation burn thread and start to wonder :confused:

TMCNo1
06-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Our '89 has done that since new with 4 different props on it. All it is doing is dragging the prop in the water as it slows from 3000rpm +- to 650rpm in gear and it does the same if you go from speed to neutral.

boatless
06-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Well then, I guess it is normal. But is it good or bad. :D

east tx skier
06-28-2006, 01:24 PM
The acme growl didn't sound to me like what you're describing. Is anything shaking or is just a low pitch groan?

PendO
06-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Is anything shaking or is just a low pitch groan?

Remember, this is a family oriented site.

boatless
06-28-2006, 02:31 PM
No, the engine is not shaking like it is loose or anything. It just has this rumbling/humming sound that does makes our ears feel uncomfortably. It would go away when it is almost down to first grear.

east tx skier
06-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Remember, this is a family oriented site.

Touche my friend.

No, the engine is not shaking like it is loose or anything. It just has this rumbling/humming sound that does makes our ears feel uncomfortably. It would go away when it is almost down to first grear.

Sounds like the CNC'd prop growl to me.

Ric
06-28-2006, 02:43 PM
After reading your story, I'd say you have everything setup jussst riigghht!