PDA

View Full Version : Extended Pylon

Jd190
06-28-2006, 12:50 AM
I just recently bought a used extended pylon to try out on my 92 Prostar 190. The setup did not come with the webbing to go over the bow of the boat like I have seen before. I was wondering if it was ok to attach the wire to the bow lift point.

Mag_Red
06-28-2006, 07:00 AM
I don't see why not. The bow webbing is for those of us who have to use the bow eye where the boat buddy attaches.

kdr
06-28-2006, 07:26 AM
DO NOT USE THE BOW LIFT POINT for an extended pylon. It is not designed for those forces. It will damage your gelcoat. If you look at how it is attached it actually is connected by a rod to the tow eye and it will pivot about this connection. The only thing to keep it from pivoting is the fiberglass of the top deck.

atlps190
06-28-2006, 07:59 AM
I agree with kdr...I wouldn't use the bow lifting ring. I have an extended pylon that I use on my '92, and I bought a bow lifting strap (can't find it online) that has a hook on one end (that clips onto the bow eye / boat buddy connection point near the waterline, and has a big ring on the other end where I clip the pylon cables to.

The strap actually makes a "Y" around the nose of the boat.

-T.

erkoehler
06-28-2006, 08:55 AM
The bow lifting ring was not designed for anything other than a vertical pull. If you use the bow lifting ring without creating a heavier backing, it will crack your deck.

NatesGr8
06-28-2006, 11:01 AM
when i had an extended pylon (one season) i used the bow lifting ring with no problems, but hey what do i know