PDA

View Full Version : Do I Need a New Prop???

DrJ
06-27-2006, 03:50 PM
I have a question for the general audience. I just bought a 2004 X2 from CA (sea level). I live in northern NM. The lake we are on is at about 6000 ft. elevation. Will I have to get a prop with pitch? Any advice would be great. Thanks.

DrJ
06-27-2006, 03:51 PM
A prop with MORE picth.

butter
06-27-2006, 05:21 PM
A prop with LESS pitch would more than likely be in order. The real test will be to run the boat with the current prop at WOT to see how many RPM's you are getting. This will give you a better idea of how much to step down the pitch. You may also wish to take into account how much ballast you intend to use regularly, etc...

tzpvs4
07-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi all... new member and looking for some advice.

I develop a fair amount of vibration at around 30mph and up in the boat. I can feel it directly through the drivers seat and am not sure if it is a problem or just standard operating condition. Never driven a similar boat so I can't compare as to what is normal or abnormal. There is a very small nick on the prop and one of the skegs is slightly, slightly off centre. Could this be part of the poblem?

thanks,
Mike

east tx skier
07-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi Mike. Welcome. The vibration you're experiencing does not sound normal. A nick in the prop will cause things like that. The crooked skeg should probably be straightened, but I Wouldn't think it would cause vibration.

You can get the prop repaired for a reasonable price. If it's an OJ, I'd send it to OJ for repairs. A 3 blade will run you about $75 plus shipping and turn around is pretty quick (roughly a week including shipping time when we sent one to them).

tzpvs4
07-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the response... and the info to get it fixed.

Mike

DrJ
07-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Put on a Nabril 847, 13.5x17.5. It's an awesome prop. Highly recommended.