PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning with SnoBowl

sberry3827
06-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Ok, so I have seen a lot about using SnoBowl to clean the hull. What would be the proper mix for this. I'm scared to use too much. thanks

Lottawatta
06-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Use it full strength. No need to dilute it.

bigmac
06-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Ok, so I have seen a lot about using SnoBowl to clean the hull. What would be the proper mix for this. I'm scared to use too much. thanks

I'd be curious to know why a bathroom toilet bowl cleaner would be any better at cleaning fiberglass stains than any other preparation of muriatic, phosphoric, or oxalic acid that's MADE to safely clean gelcoat instead of porcelain, such as Zing.

Probably, it's cheaper than Babe's ... even so, I don't think one would be using enough of the stuff to make the cost difference that big a deal.

TMCNo1
06-27-2006, 10:50 AM
What kind of water requires SnoBowl to clean the hull? :eek: Just throw in a Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner tablet in the lake or river every so often and start double flushing. :eek:

SkiDog
06-27-2006, 11:37 AM

I use it at 50 - 50, then spray it on, let soak for a few minutes, scrub with SOFT bristle brush, rinse. WEAR PROTECTIVE GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION!!!!! THIS STUFF STINGS!

Ric
06-27-2006, 11:41 AM
admittedly taking the easy route, I use bathroom cleaner for gelcoat stain(scum)
cheap and easy (X14 or tilex)
spray it on and don't mess around wiping it in or rinsing it off as it will streak.
dry her, wax her and you are done.

JohnnyB
06-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Use it full strength in a tank sprayer (lawn weed killer tank sprayer)...easy on easy off....make sure you get the liquid, not the gel.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-09-2006, 12:31 PM
What kind of water requires SnoBowl to clean the hull? :eek: Just throw in a Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner tablet in the lake or river every so often and start double flushing. :eek:
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme Now why didnt anybody else think of that?

SkiDog
07-09-2006, 05:47 PM
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme Now why didnt anybody else think of that?

Cause SOMEBODY put toooo much paper in the _____________ and it won't flush now!

TMCNo1
07-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Cause SOMEBODY put toooo much paper in the _____________ and it won't flush now!

Carry the Fake-A-Lake with you and stick your finger in the hose fitting and plundge like there is no tommorrow or set the emergency brake on the boat and sit there WOT, so the prop will clear the clog!

atlfootr
07-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Ok, so I have seen a lot about using SnoBowl to clean the hull.
What would be the proper mix for this. I'm scared to use too much. thanksIf I've said it once, I've said it a million times .... SNO-BOL