PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite Time Of The Summer

Danimal
06-26-2006, 10:26 AM
For anyone that will be in Wisconsin June 29th - July 9th, do yourself a favor and go to Summerfest. For those of you that have not heard of it, it is an 11 day music festival on the Lake front in Milwaukee. Here is the list of bands that are playing -

http://www.summerfest.com/music/artistlisting.php

I am so looking forward to this and I'm sure some of the other Wisconsin contingency on here can vouch for this festival!

"Summerfest - The World's Largest Music Festival

Come join us June 29 - July 9 at “The World’s Largest Music Festival!” Summerfest celebrates its 39th year filling a 23,000-seat amphitheater and ten ground stages with national headliners for eleven straight days. Situated on 75-acres along the shores of Lake Michigan in downtown Milwaukee, world-class live music, unique attractions, and over 45 food & beverage vendors combine to make Summerfest the premier event of the summer!"

3event
06-26-2006, 10:42 AM
It can NOT be beat. And for a festival that has so many stages, and so much to offer, drawing 60,000 - 120,000 people per day, it's comparatively easy to get in and out. The downtown freeway construction will complicate things a bit this year, but Milwaukee is a lot less crowded than Chicago or many other larger cities.

Nothing rocks like Summerfest !!!!

Danimal
06-26-2006, 10:44 AM
It can NOT be beat. And for a festival that has so many stages, and so much to offer, drawing 60,000 - 120,000 people per day, it's comparatively easy to get in and out. The downtown freeway construction will complicate things a bit this year, but Milwaukee is a lot less crowded than Chicago or many other larger cities.

Nothing rocks like Summerfest !!!!

I hear ya about the construction - We use the park and rides. Much easier to get around that way!

barefoot
06-26-2006, 11:08 AM
I always thought they did a ski show down there...do they still do that?

Danimal
06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
I always thought they did a ski show down there...do they still do that?

Badgerland Ski Team on Wednesday, Saturdays and Sunday, July 1 at 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM and at 2:00 PM on Sunday, July 8.

EDIT - oops, I took that from a press release but later read that it is from 2001. I will look around for confirmation on a ski show this year.

jbfootin
06-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Summerfest rocks, but i have missed the past couple and may a few more with 3 kids under 5, it is not easy to get there to enjoy the music and brews!