PDA

View Full Version : Switch Plate

Ramhouse
06-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Nav lights don't work, and didn't dig to far yet because it is a mess behind the switch plate of my 93 Prostar. Plate is also cracked so i'm wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram of the wires behind the switch plate. Only other work done there was my ignition breaker blew and i replaced it with a fuse. Looking to redo the whole panel. Dash is a little worn and looking to replace it next winter. Right now though looking to figure out why so many wires.... :confused:

450hp@bellsouth.net
06-27-2006, 03:57 PM
I just isolated the problem on my Nav lights (2000 Prostar 205) and the problem was the switch in the dash. Installation of the new switch took no less than a minute and the problem was solved. I was also experiencing problems with the wakeboard tower lights. I pulled the switch and cleaned the connections with a wire brush and that fixed my tower light problem as well. I hope all repairs are so cheap and easy.

Barry

milkmania
07-15-2006, 04:06 PM
91 PS190

last weekend, I too had trouble with my nav light switch. I ended up using the spare acc switch for a quick fix, but I would like to replace the nav rocker switch.
I tore it apart, and the metal contacts were rotted away.

The nav switch is a three way switch, and the acc switch is a two way.... in order to use it, I had to bypass the wire that goes to the breaker:(

will I be able to find a switch that matches or to make it look right replace all of them $$$$.

milkmania
07-15-2006, 04:06 PM
double post

milkmania
07-25-2006, 09:33 PM
anybody got a switch or know where I can find one?

three position