PDA

View Full Version : New Trick!

6ballsisall
06-25-2006, 02:11 PM
So in Ski practice today we decided it would be pretty cool to use two guys as skis and have a girl sking on their backs as the get drug behind the boat. We nailed it the 6th try! Should be a sweet act for our show in August.

ANyone ever tried this??

erkoehler
06-25-2006, 02:44 PM
So in Ski practice today we decided it would be pretty cool to use two guys as skis and have a girl sking on their backs as the get drug behind the boat. We nailed it the 6th try! Should be a sweet act for our show in August.

ANyone ever tried this??

Been there done that!

We rigged out a metal pipe for both "skis" to hold on to and a handle coming off of that for the skier to hold on to.

Were you involved in that act?

6ballsisall
06-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Were you involved in that act?

Yep, I will be the left "ski". I was surprised, the pull really isn't that bad with a barefoot suit on. Next time we'll go a little quicker so I don't drink half the lake. :rolleyes:

erkoehler
06-25-2006, 05:35 PM
If you look back and down, there should be a pocket of air right by your shoulder.

atlfootr
06-25-2006, 06:19 PM
So in Ski practice today we decided it would be pretty cool to use two guys as skis and have a girl sking on their backs as the get drug behind the boat. Anyone ever tried this?? Apparently new for you, not so for others :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
06-25-2006, 06:44 PM
If you look back and down, there should be a pocket of air right by your shoulder.

Thanks dude! I will try that, thats why we stopped, couldn't breathe and the water up my nose kind of sucked!

ATLFootr, sorry I guess I am not as cool as you :rolleyes: pfftt........

tex
06-25-2006, 10:03 PM
the old human skis act. i hate being a ski.

jimmer2880
06-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Thanks dude! I will try that, thats why we stopped, couldn't breathe and the water up my nose kind of sucked!

ATLFootr, sorry I guess I am not as cool as you :rolleyes: pfftt........

When we did it, we figured out that if you open your mouth also, the water goes in your mouth & out your nose. It works until you are up on plane & aren't getting drowned.

We also wore barefoot suits. That helped a lot!

Lottawatta
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Back in my brief show ski stint, we did the body ski from a beach start. I don't remember breathing being an issue. Boat speed/driver was the key to it all.
Good luck.

agua4fun
06-26-2006, 07:10 PM
we tried that once, but using seperate handles, didnt work for us.
We later tried with a pipe, which worked untill i let go and my buddy slamed his head into it. we were 16 and a little stupid... found that you could tie it so that didnt happen.
What speed did you pull at??

lottawatta, how in the heck did you do a beach start?? drag off the beach??

tex
06-26-2006, 07:31 PM
A way to cheat and do it is to start off with both guys laying on disc. They can push it out once they are brought up to speed.

erkoehler
06-27-2006, 01:29 AM
we tried that once, but using seperate handles, didnt work for us.
We later tried with a pipe, which worked untill i let go and my buddy slamed his head into it. we were 16 and a little stupid... found that you could tie it so that didnt happen.
What speed did you pull at??

lottawatta, how in the heck did you do a beach start?? drag off the beach??

Yes, you just drag off the beach, hopefully the boat has enough speed so that once you hit the water you'll just skim right across.

PendO
06-27-2006, 01:59 AM
sounds like the trick has been done with barefoot suits, I'd pay money to see it done in birthday suits.

Tennesseeski
06-27-2006, 09:35 AM
I wanna see some pics.............but only with the girls in Birtbay suits!! :D :woohoo:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Yes, you just drag off the beach, hopefully the boat has enough speed so that once you hit the water you'll just skim right across.
That would be wild!

Lottawatta
06-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Yes, just drag off the beach. That is why I said the driver is the key. We used a single rope and put two handles on it for the "skis", then we spliced a third longer handle into the rope for the "skier". I, and the other "ski" actually interlocked our arms which stabilized the platform for the skier to stand on. Pretty easy trick and is a slow act which can allow for the rest of the team to set up for something big to go out next.

6ballsisall
06-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Yes, just drag off the beach. That is why I said the driver is the key. We used a single rope and put two handles on it for the "skis", then we spliced a third longer handle into the rope for the "skier". I, and the other "ski" actually interlocked our arms which stabilized the platform for the skier to stand on. Pretty easy trick and is a slow act which can allow for the rest of the team to set up for something big to go out next.

Thats exactly how we did it too. We hooked up off the tower to help us keep our heads above better and that really helped vs. the pylon. Suprisingly the pull is not that hard at all. Sat. I did this without my barefoot suit. Let's just say every time we did it I hoped I still had a swimsuit on. :eek:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Thats exactly how we did it too. We hooked up off the tower to help us keep our heads above better and that really helped vs. the pylon. Suprisingly the pull is not that hard at all. Sat. I did this without my barefoot suit. Let's just say every time we did it I hoped I still had a swimsuit on. :eek:
What kind of "show" are you in JR??? :eek: :confused:

:uglyhamme

agua4fun
06-27-2006, 07:56 PM
sounds like the trick has been done with barefoot suits, I'd pay money to see it done in birthday suits.

isnt the beach tough on the elbows??
We didnt have barefoot suits - i bet it does help.
i ended up in my birthday suit when kiteboarding once. yikes!!