PDA

View Full Version : Wet Suits

Mag_Red
10-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Just wondering if any body has experience with JetPilot wetsuits?? Good? Bad?

Mag_Red
10-21-2004, 09:40 PM
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/toetap05.gif anyone??

Hoosier Bob
10-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Ever get the feeling nobody's gonna reply for fear this will turn into one of those posts of Mag's that won't go away! Ha Ha! I have seen the wet suits and vests and they appear to be top notch (even better). They sell them here locally pretty reasonable due to the end of season. Skiers Edge here local compares with most of my internet sources and better!

stevo137
10-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Mag, I have posted pics and comments at times with no response. No big deal, It's hit or miss. :confused:

Cody
10-21-2004, 10:25 PM
I have a jetpilot shorty. I have had it for two years now. It is fairly durable, not seems coming lose or anything. It only gets used about 10 or 12 times a year though. I also have a couple of vests. I like them also.

I got all mine off ebay...

stevo137
10-21-2004, 10:27 PM
I have a jetpilot shorty. I have had it for two years now. It is fairly durable, not seems coming lose or anything. It only gets used about 10 or 12 times a year though. I also have a couple of vests. I like them also.

I got all mine off ebay...

Was that wetsuit pre warmed? ;)

Hoosier Bob
10-21-2004, 10:38 PM
You know that all ends up in the boat!!!!!!!!! :D Was that wetsuit pre warmed? ;)

Mag_Red
10-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Ever get the feeling nobody's gonna reply for fear this will turn into one of those posts of Mag's that won't go away! Ha Ha! I have seen the wet suits and vests and they appear to be top notch (even better). They sell them here locally pretty reasonable due to the end of season. Skiers Edge here local compares with most of my internet sources and better! I knew the little guy tapping his feet would get some replies out of you all :toast:

Cody
10-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Was that wetsuit pre warmed? ;)

No. I don't go out when it is that cold. I usually don't ski when the air temp is less than 70f.

ktn_cmu
10-22-2004, 08:09 AM
No. I don't go out when it is that cold. I usually don't ski when the air temp is less than 70f.

Sheesh...75% of my season is below 70f

Mag_Red
10-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Sheesh...75% of my season is below 70fWell I guess that's because you live in Michigan.....I really don't know how our Canadian brothers do it. Maybe I'm just getting old........but I like it hot!

tex
10-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Just wondering if any body has experience with JetPilot wetsuits?? Good? Bad?

Mag-What type(use) of suit are you looking for?

ktn_cmu
10-22-2004, 09:07 AM
Well I guess that's because you live in Michigan.....I really don't know how our Canadian brothers do it. Maybe I'm just getting old........but I like it hot!

Well...I knew why... but anywho...I have no experience with JetPilot. I did get a shorty from Sam's Club for $30...I really like that one...so...I am sure that helps...

Mag_Red
10-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Mag-What type(use) of suit are you looking for?Just looking for something to extend the skiing seaon a bit. More for warmth

tex
10-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Just looking for something to extend the skiing seaon a bit. More for warmth

i own about 15 suits for different uses. If you don't need padding and just want to extend the season-The o'neil Assault is as good as it gets! Not very expensive, comfortable, and warm as pee! i have had mine for 11 years and used it in pro shows. it will take a beating!

ktn_cmu
10-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Mag, do own a wet suit currently?

I have found that I'll use my shorty much more often than my full, even if it is quite cold. The reason is, my full suit is rather hard to put on and take off because the wrist holes are smaller than my hands and the ankle holes are smaller than my feet. So, I end up wearing my shorty.

Plus, I have not seen one, so maybe they do make them...but why can't I find a mid leg length version? My full suit interferes with my High Wrap bindings... and also the ankles catch water when I cut and fill up...

Mag_Red
10-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Mag, do own a wet suit currently?

...Actually I bought a JetPilot shortie.....seems to be constructed well, quite comfortable ( I actually tried it on backward :o ) Who would have thought the zipper was supposed to go in the back???? When I turned it around it was even better! :purplaugh

MarkP
10-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Mag

For the past 10 or 15 years I have been using a skin diver type. 7mm I think it will take water temps of 40ish. This year my third has taken over my shortie so Iíve been in the full skin diver exclusively. It is rough to get in and out of but I just yesterday found a spray to help that http://www.diversdiscount.com/resources/frameset.asp?src=http://www.diversdiscount.com/shop/shopon.asp?category=Wet+Suits (http://www.diversdiscount.com/resources/frameset.asp?src=http://www.diversdiscount.com/shop/shopon.asp?category=Wet+Suits)

With the 7mm you can just lay in the water and be warm while everyone else freezes :D Its even warm while sitting in the boat in air temps below 40

Oops, I donít know about the JetPilot..

ktn_cmu
10-22-2004, 10:04 AM
I'd tell ya the best way to warm up after a cold ski, but I'd get in trouble. So, the second best way, put some hot chocolate in a thermos before you go...that'll help...

MarkP
10-22-2004, 10:31 AM
Iíve heard pouring hot water from a thermos into wet suits but not hot chocolate. :o

ktn_cmu
10-22-2004, 10:35 AM
Iíve heard pouring hot water from a thermos into wet suits but not hot chocolate. :o

ROFL

Actually, last November, I ran a warm bath in the cabin, got in, let the water soak in, ran down to a waiting boat, skied, went back to the bath...

east tx skier
10-22-2004, 10:37 AM
Mag, I've got a pretty cheap wetsuit from Ski Limited that is their house brand (Internation Tour I believe). Works like a charm. Usually only gets used about two months out of the year. For the marginal water temps, I got one of those O'Neil hot top, 1.5 mm neo shirts. It's great for chilly, but not really cold water. If you're not looking for padding, any old wetsuit would probably hold up for a long time if you're only using it to "extend your season." 3 mm should be plenty.

tex
10-22-2004, 12:20 PM
i own about 15 suits for different uses. If you don't need padding and just want to extend the season-The o'neil Assault is as good as it gets! Not very expensive, comfortable, and warm as pee! i have had mine for 11 years and used it in pro shows. it will take a beating!

Assault covers the knees but does not get in the way of your high wraps. I wear mine when I am playing around on the jump.

ktn_cmu
10-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Assault covers the knees but does not get in the way of your high wraps. I wear mine when I am playing around on the jump.

I may have just found my next wetsuit... thanks Tex!

ktn_cmu
10-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Tex...only two more posts... I'm ten behind ya...

east tx skier
10-22-2004, 02:13 PM
That's a good point that I always forget until I'm standing on the platform dealing with my wraps.

captkidd
10-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Actually I bought a JetPilot shortie.....seems to be constructed well, quite comfortable ( I actually tried it on backward :o ) Who would have thought the zipper was supposed to go in the back???? When I turned it around it was even better! :purplaugh

Mag, don't feel bad. Several years ago a few of us went to one of those free HO ski/wakeboard clinics that they held around the country. They let us ski on whichever HO ski we wanted, and even provided wetsuits for us to use. A friend of mine put his on backward and the instructor about fell out of the boat laughing at him. We still give him a hard time about it.

Leroy
10-29-2004, 04:47 PM
I have a QR and Performance full suits, sleeveless. From Tri-A days. They were very comfortable down to 60, never really tried them lower than that. Have not skiied in them yet.