PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Maristar seats splitting....new skins?

48nairb
06-24-2006, 07:33 PM
The seats in my 2003 Maristar 230 are looking pretty bad....most have splits and tears along the stitching lines and the padding is exposed. I only have 100 hours on the boat, but the vinyl isn't very thick and I wonder if that's why MC upgraded to a heavier vinyl a couple of years ago. Anyway, the local MC dealer said to drop off the boat and they'd have an upholstery guy come by and give them a bid on new skins, but I thought I could get new skins from MC that would perfectly match the originals. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance for your help!
Brian

east tx skier
06-24-2006, 08:12 PM
You should be able to order skins from MC. Check the FAQ link in my signature. There's some info about ordering replacement skins. Latest word is (as of July or so), you can order replacement skins from 10 model years back.

48nairb
06-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the helpful info. Has anyone else used replacement skins from MC? I would like to hope new ones will last longer than the original ones did.

wiltok
06-24-2006, 11:56 PM
I had my observer seat and sun platform replaced on my 01 X-9. They look perfect - good as new.

TMCNo1
06-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Do you still have any kind of warranty that may cover the deterioating upholstery. Won't hurt to ask the dealer. The skins should be readily avail. from MC regardless.

48nairb
06-30-2006, 11:38 PM
I requested a quote for new skins from my local MC dealer on Monday, and when I called them the following Friday to see if they had any information, they admitted being too busy to get to my inquiry and it would probably be another week before they would get to it. Can anybody suggest an MC dealer that might move a little faster than mine?

east tx skier
06-30-2006, 11:54 PM
Rambo Marine. Ask for Lex in parts. I've replaced my observer seat base and it has held up well. First one held up for 12 years. The factory skins are expensive, but worth it in my opinion. Nothing you can buy elsewhere has the same feel. When they started discontinuing the older stuff, I bought replacements for almost all of mine (or at least the ones I knew would eventually need to be replaced. They're boxed up and sprayed down with 303 until I really need them.