PDA

View Full Version : Dog Question...Has this happened to you?

wakebroad
06-23-2006, 08:57 AM
I got my Pekingese spayed on 6/19 (about 4 days ago). She won't walk! Everytime she tries she just sits back down and starts licking her back end. I called the vet yesterday and they said it's probably nothing. I've tried her favorite snacks to try to get her to come to me.
I'm scared. I don't know what to do. Anybody ever have this happen?
I'm worried because she's not going #1. :confused:

sanjuan23
06-23-2006, 09:00 AM
I havent had the issue but if it were me, I would take her to the vet today. I guess I have a tendency to get worried about my animals, since they really cant tell us, "hey I dont feel so hot"

bcampbe7
06-23-2006, 09:03 AM
I havent had the issue but if it were me, I would take her to the vet today. I guess I have a tendency to get worried about my animals, since they really cant tell us, "hey I dont feel so hot"

Ditto...

If your current Vet says "it's probably nothing" again, find another vet or take her to one of those emergency clinics. I would do it for peace-of-mind, if nothing else.

kalanic
06-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah! Get a second opinion for sure!

MarkP
06-23-2006, 09:09 AM
I would take that pup back to the vet too. Its been ten years since I’ve had the deed done to a pet and had no issues like that.

I do know, my neighbors dog “Doc” looks at me funny ever since I helped get him in the car to be taken for HIS “procedure“.

wakebroad
06-23-2006, 09:20 AM
I've only had 1 cat that got spayed and she acted like nothing ever happened. I'm worried maybe they left a sponge in her or something. I've been watching too much "discovery health channel". She hates going to the vet but I may have to get a second opionion.

RexDog1
06-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Go to another vet and get a second opinion

It can’t hurt …..well it will not hurt you :toast:

east tx skier
06-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Take her to the vet.

The only symptom of it that my dog ever experienced was assuming a more traditionally male role in certain activities.

Ric
06-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Have you tried kicking her?

ok just kidding, that was mainly for ump's benefit!

get her arse to the vet, I am kinda surprised that they told you it was probably nothing :eek:

wakebroad
06-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Update: My ex dropped the kids off this morning and the dog literally ran to the door (she loves the ex). Then we tried putting her leash on and she tore off to the mailbox! Then she came back in and laid down and refuses to get up. I think she is mentally challenged. She did pee finally.

kalanic
06-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Well that is a plus! I would still have her looked at! Do you have pet insurance??

wakebroad
06-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Well that is a plus! I would still have her looked at! Do you have pet insurance??

No, I don't have pet insurance. I think it's the stitches that are bothering her. I think it itches. I'm gonna call another vet.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-23-2006, 11:59 AM
RIC! :mad: your he11 bent on messin with me arent you :rolleyes: Ric knows I am an animal lover. I would bring the dog to another vet asap. I have seen several dogs get spayed/nuetuered and not miss a beat after surgery. they just GO! so that sounds strange to me. I would definetly get the dog examined by another repuatble veteranarian ASAP!! dogs cant talk, you dont know what its feeling. Better to be on the safe side!

Ric
06-23-2006, 12:06 PM
good to hear it broad

as far as the ump joke, I know he is a dog lover... He flipped out whenever I left our dog behind during the hurricane evacuation :rolleyes:

WakeSeeky
06-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Yes, I did have this happen with a dog several years ago. Turned out it was an elaborate bid for attention. The more I worried and fussed, the more attention she got. A win for her, not so much for me.

I don't think the drama queen act is all that uncommon, at least according to my vet at the time. The fact that your dog got up and ran around when she wanted to sounds like she's probably ok, but I feel for you, you don't know FOR SURE. For your own peace of mind, at the very least, I'd take her in. :twocents:

tommcat
06-23-2006, 12:41 PM
find a new vet

06-23-2006, 01:00 PM
good to hear it broad

as far as the ump joke, I know he is a dog lover... He flipped out whenever I left our dog behind during the hurricane evacuation :rolleyes:
WHENEVER......? :eek: You mean you did it more than once? :mad:

OK, i know your messin with me again. Ric loves to light a fire under the UMP's arse. :D

TMCNo1
06-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Update: My ex dropped the kids off this morning and the dog literally ran to the door (she loves the ex). Then we tried putting her leash on and she tore off to the mailbox! Then she came back in and laid down and refuses to get up. I think she is mentally challenged. She did pee finally.

Somebody said UMP has some of the same issues!

sanjuan23
06-23-2006, 01:39 PM
finally peed or mental problems?

06-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Somebody said UMP has some of the same issues!
What issues? that I love wakebroads ex? that I rip my leash whenever I get tied to the mailbox? or that I lay down and refuse to get up? or that I am mentally challenged? or that I pee? you need to be more specific no1..... :confused: ;)

Good to see you NO1 :wavey: :) how you been?

wakebroad
06-23-2006, 04:04 PM
I don't know if I mentioned my husband ran the gremlin over to the vets office yesterday and they said the incision looks fine.

We took her out with the leash again and she took off running, but doesn't want to move inside.

I'll bet you she is playing the drama queen. My husband said she learned it by watching me. He's a laugh riot. I guess that's why I love him. :D

wakebroad
06-23-2006, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=Upper Michigan Prostar190]What issues? that I love wakebroads ex? that I rip my leash whenever I get tied to the mailbox? or that I lay down and refuse to get up? or that I am mentally challenged? or that I pee? you need to be more specific no1.....

You guys are making me laugh! Thanks, I need it. It's been a stressful week. I think I hear a beer callin' me........ :friday:

WakeSeeky
06-23-2006, 04:18 PM
We took her out with the leash again and she took off running, but doesn't want to move inside.

Has she got you bringing her food and water yet? :D

Seriously, I know what you're going through. I was really worried, which wasn't encouraging the dog to get better. The vet took a look, talked me down and we all got over it. Sadly our girl isn't with us anymore, but she was quite the character and she played me like a fiddle on that one.

wakebroad
06-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Oh yes, we are bringing her everything! Food, water, you name it.

TMCNo1
06-23-2006, 08:43 PM
UMP,

1-She won't walk!
2-Everytime she tries she just sits back down and starts licking her back end.
3-I've tried her favorite snacks to try to get her to come to me.
4-I'm scared.
5-I'm worried because she's not going #1.
then.....................
6- mental problems
7- bolted to the mailbox..............

...........should I go on? :eek: :popcorn:

Hoosier Bob
06-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Wow your husband drives a Gremlin? No wonder the dog ran to the EX! 8p I don't know if I mentioned my husband ran the gremlin over to the vets office yesterday and they said the incision looks fine.

I'll bet you she is playing the drama queen. My husband said she learned it by watching me. He's a laugh riot. I guess that's why I love him. :D

TMCNo1
06-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Wow your husband drives a Gremlin? No wonder the dog ran to the EX! 8p

I bet it's a green Gremlin, with flipper hubcaps, big whitewalls, curb finders, 2 Cipa rear view mirrors on the front fenders and a coon tail on the rear antenna.

Hoosier Bob
06-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Could be a Grabber!

ski_king
06-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Wow your husband drives a Gremlin? No wonder the dog ran to the EX! 8p
No, the dog looks like a gremlin!
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_0102.jpg

Hoosier Bob
06-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey I read what I see and her husband took the Gremlin to the vet! Not the Taurus, Blazer or Mustang THE GREMLIN! ;) No, the dog looks like a gremlin!
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_0102.jpg

Ric
06-24-2006, 01:28 PM
WHENEVER......? :eek: You mean you did it more than once? :mad:

More than once????? I've only ever run from a Hurricane once ump. Alicia was nothin in 83, we had a party! Everyone got all hyped about Rita since we'd watched Geraldo from the Superdome all week prior to Rita warnings, so we ran(crawled) for 18hrs for a false alarm.

Besides, Tiger is a small dog anyway.

michael freeman
06-24-2006, 07:29 PM
I've had two dogs Spayed and neither acted as if it hurt at all.

Understand that a dog will never show you pain unless they are forced to do so. If she is acting hurt, she is probably in real pain.

Not sure if the issue is handled and I am late responding?

wakebroad
06-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Sorry, we were out on the boat all day. Left Dallas (Gremlin/dog) with the ex. She's a totally different dog today. It's like it never happened.
Thanks for the advice y'all. I had a great laugh when I read the one about my husband driving a Gremlin. He's passed out right now, so I'll have to show that to him tomorrow! :D

TMCNo1
06-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Does the Gremlin have a trailer hitch on it! Would make a neat "TOW RIG" tow vehicle. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Ric
06-26-2006, 11:59 AM
maybe the gremlin likes your ex better

atlfootr
07-01-2006, 07:37 AM
Dog gets second "Chance" ... (http://www.cnn.com/)
Click VIDEO #3 - man saves dog from gator :eek:
I'D DO IT TOO ...