PDA

View Full Version : Shower Help.

AZHAWK
06-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Took the boat out this weekend and tried to use the shower for the first time this season. Flipped the switch, plugged the shower hose in and nothing. I could here the pump running but nothing was coming out...not a drop. The pump motor eventually stopped, which I was told is normal since it is a pressure-sensitive system. We checked the hose for obstructions but water flowed out like normal. My dealer doesn't have any other suggestions but to "Bring 'er in and we'll check it out." I was hoping for some help before I take it in and have to spend more $$. Thanks in advance.

erkoehler
06-21-2006, 09:34 PM
The shower lines did get hooked back up after winterization correct? Otherwise, there is a filter/screen at the back of the shower controls, it may be clogged.

AZHAWK
06-22-2006, 03:07 AM
Erk- We had the boat out all winter so it was never winterized. We did recently have a service done at 120 hrs. This is the first time we have tried to use the shower since the service. I don't know... it's probably just coincidence. Anyway, are there filters on the hot and cold sides or just one? I haven't looked at the back of the controls yet... it's kind of tucked up there if you know what I mean. Appreciate the feedback, thanks.

BTW- I saw your link to Chicago MC... do you really have a New '04 X-Star in stock or is your website incorrect? Demo? Trade? I'm curious because I am in the market for a clean pre-owned '04/'05 Star with low hours. -AZHAWK