PDA

View Full Version : Engine missing

hardycm
06-21-2006, 02:03 PM
I have an occassional miss in my '88 prostar 190. It happens at any speed. Sometimes in idle it will actually cause the engine to die, but usually its just a stutter. I've got new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, breakerless ignition, and a new tach (my old one was shorting and grounding out the coil). Any ideas of what else could cause this? I assume its electrical...

Maybe related -- my gauges all seem to read a little higher when the blower is powered up (or at least bounce when I switch it on). Any thoughts on a solution to this?

rodltg2
06-21-2006, 02:21 PM
im no help sorry, but when i read the thread title i thought someone stole your engine!

JimN
06-21-2006, 02:24 PM
If your gauges indicate higher when the blower is on, you have a grounding issue. Measure from the main dash ground point to th battery negative. This should be no more than about .2 ohms. Also, make sure the motor ground point is clean and tight. Battery terminals need to be cleaned and tightened and no loose connections or terminals on the ignition switch or safety switch, either.

TMCNo1
06-21-2006, 02:57 PM
im no help sorry, but when i read the thread title i thought someone stole your engine!

Scared me too!