PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery upgrade for 99 PS205

ncskier
06-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi all

We have a 99 PS205, purchased new, and it has been an awesome boat for us. My only issue with it has been the 'unique design' of the interior when compared to both previous and later model years. I would love to order a new 197 right now but with a new baby on the way its just not in the plans! So that leaves us with fixing up our current boat. Has anyone done or seen interior upgrades to the 99's?

We had the removable rear seat put in, which was a mid-year change and that made a huge difference. I would really like to do something with the drivers seat (looks like it is from a 1970 Camaro). Is there a seat from another model year which could be an easy replacement? We looked at a 2000 Sportstar but it was too wide. This one is about 19" at the front of the base.

The engine box is also unique with a gelcoat finished top and a rail on the back catches the ski rope all the time. I saw one that was completely covered in vinyl and did not have the rail (pic below) Was this another mid year change?

Last question! Has anyone installed one of the MC by design instrument panel? Is this a big deal to do other than just time?

happy summer to all,

Rob

east tx skier
06-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Excellent use of the word unique. I'm admiring your factory jump seat as well. Hang on to that as they are hard-to-come by items.

MC vinyl is model year specific. And as you know, your interior doesn't look much like any other model year of MC. So I'd suspect that, at least as the motorbox goes, a local shop will be your best bet.

JohnnyB
06-21-2006, 02:59 PM
I've never seen a jump seat before. My 1st thought is is would be handy. However, that is where we store all our skis, wetsuits, coolers, etc when we're on the water.

Very unique interior....very cool! :cool: