PDA

View Full Version : For the Tennesseans...

bcampbe7
06-21-2006, 10:19 AM
I heard that TWRA is not going to charge a launch fee this year.
Does anyone know if there is any truth to that rumor?

Evidently they will remove the pay bins by July.

Cloaked
06-21-2006, 11:48 AM
I heard that TWRA is not going to charge a launch fee this year.
Does anyone know if there is any truth to that rumor?

Evidently they will remove the pay bins by July.I don't know. The Corp is still charging on their lakes, Center Hill for one, and then the private docks have a launch fee (at some marinas).

Where does TWRA charge?

TWRA has never charged as far as I know here on Watts Bar Lake.

I have a ramp in the front yard so that makes it a bit easier.

bcampbe7
06-21-2006, 12:06 PM
I don't know. The Corp is still charging on their lakes, Center Hill for one, and then the private docks have a launch fee (at some marinas).

Where does TWRA charge?

TWRA has never charged as far as I know here on Watts Bar Lake.

I have a ramp in the front yard so that makes it a bit easier.

I guess I thought is was TWRA...
A member of our ski club went to buy his yearly pass and the lady told him that she could sel lhim one but they were going to do away with the launch charges this July.

Cloaked
06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
I guess I thought is was TWRA...
A member of our ski club went to buy his yearly pass and the lady told him that she could sel lhim one but they were going to do away with the launch charges this July.Cool beans. I suspect that the Army Corp has finally been forced to drop launch fees. That has been an ongoing battle in legislation for years. You may be correct about TWRA, I am just not aware of that aspect of them charging. What lake are you referring? I suspect it's a Corp controlled lake, thus my comments.

bcampbe7
06-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Cool beans. I suspect that the Army Corp has finally been forced to drop launch fees. That has been an ongoing battle in legislation for years. You may be correct about TWRA, I am just not aware of that aspect of them charging. What lake are you referring? I suspect it's a Corp controlled lake, thus my comments.

Tims Ford and we buy our passes at the Tims Ford State Park office.

Cloaked
06-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Tims Ford and we buy our passes at the Tims Ford State Park office.
Just curious.

I made a few calls and unfortunately, I reached a shallow gene pool. I think you are more correct than myself, as TVA does oversee Tims Ford. I was trying to learn a bit here, as I don't visit pay ramps very often. Thanks for the info and input.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

bcampbe7
06-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Here is the information...

http://state.tn.us/environment/parks/accessfee/

Cloaked
06-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Here is the information...

http://state.tn.us/environment/parks/accessfee/Outstanding! :wavey:

So it was a fee to enter the state park boundary as such.

bcampbe7
06-27-2006, 02:12 PM
That and each State owned ramp had (does have till 7/1) a pay station.