PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Tears?

6ballsisall
06-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Posting this for a friend that just had their Tige completely reupholstered. THe other day he found a super small tear near a seam/edge in the vinyl and doesn't know what to do. Can you get some type of adhesive glue or use something to basically stop the tear from going any further? Right now it is so small it's not worth having fixed as it's not visible unless you know where to look but he wants to stop it before it gets larger. Advice?

Hoosier Bob
06-20-2006, 10:44 PM
My seat split at the seam two years ago and I used crazy glue gel. Looks great and has held perfectly since. I soon will replace but it looks great still and holds fine. I would do a little and pinch, little and pinch and so on.Posting this for a friend that just had their Tige completely reupholstered. THe other day he found a super small tear near a seam/edge in the vinyl and doesn't know what to do. Can you get some type of adhesive glue or use something to basically stop the tear from going any further? Right now it is so small it's not worth having fixed as it's not visible unless you know where to look but he wants to stop it before it gets larger. Advice?

erkoehler
06-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Jeff, you can buy a vinyl repair kit that will make a real easy job of it.

6ballsisall
06-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Give them my number, I have some used MasterCraft's that might interest them:)

Used??? They'll buy new when the right deal comes together.......

6ballsisall
06-20-2006, 10:48 PM
My seat split at the seam two years ago and I used crazy glue gel. Looks great and has held perfectly since. I soon will replace but it looks great still and holds fine. I would do a little and pinch, little and pinch and so on.

Thanks HB! :wavey: I feel bad for them, they literally just got this boat back from the upholstery shop less than a month ago and this happened!

erkoehler
06-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Is this the girl's boat that I met?

6ballsisall
06-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Is this the girl's boat that I met?

It's her parents boat. I ski with her parents alot. They are thinking hard about a MC. I think I am having some influence on them :D

erkoehler
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM
It's her parents boat. I ski with her parents alot. They are thinking hard about a MC. I think I am having some influence on them :D

On the ski team right?

6ballsisall
06-20-2006, 11:35 PM
On the ski team right?

Yep! :cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
06-21-2006, 10:20 AM
My seat split at the seam
I don't think he was talking about pants..........:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
06-21-2006, 10:40 AM
I don't think he was talking about pants..........:rolleyes:

Tru dat!! HB I don't want to know what those sheep did to your pants!! :D :noface: