PDA

View Full Version : Black Buttons Gunnel Pads

jjk94
06-20-2006, 09:22 PM
I purchased some new Buttons that Cover the screws for the gunnel pads on a 85 PS. I am ready to use now but they look like they snap over something. Do they snap on the head of the screw or is there a male piece that needs to go on with the screw.

kas
06-20-2006, 10:06 PM
There is a round plastic piece that goes on with the screw than the cover piece snaps on top of that.

TMCNo1
06-20-2006, 10:35 PM
JJK94, I have bought the sets in motorcycle and bicycle shops that have chrome covers. I have a box of them and I use the chrome cap pieces on engine bolts and have thrown the piece that goes under the screw away. How many do you need?

Hello KAS, did you get my voice mail on your cell, the scooter can be bought right when you need!

jjk94
06-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I would need 12 sent to 91311 and let me know the cost and I can send paypal if you want. I see your from TN. Any contact with Donnie from MC. I was looking for the motorbox skin and he told me that a lady out there might have the material but she never answers the phone. If you can help that would be great.
Thanks Again

erkoehler
06-20-2006, 11:17 PM
He is 312 miles from TN.....

richardsoncd
06-21-2006, 10:36 AM
A bit of a threadjack....I need a couple buttons in red, where do you get them? I have the old screws and plastic pieces.
Thanks

WilliM1940
06-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Try www.pro-dec.com, they have snap caps in red, but the hinged variety don't seem to come in red

TMCNo1
06-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the quick response. I would need 12 sent to 91311 and let me know the cost and I can send paypal if you want. I see your from TN. Any contact with Donnie from MC. I was looking for the motorbox skin and he told me that a lady out there might have the material but she never answers the phone. If you can help that would be great.
Thanks Again

I only have 2 of the plastic bases, but WilliM1940 posted a link to a site that has all that you need and it wouldn't hurt to get some spares.
I am from NC, 312.6 miles+/- miles east of Vonore.
Last time I saw Donnie Morton he was working in the Tool Dept. out in the plant, if that is who you are referring to.
The replacement upholstery dept. people are not permitted to talk to customers, contact your dealer or Greg Clower [MC Customer Relations] to see if skins are available.

TMCNo1
06-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Try www.pro-dec.com, they have snap caps in red, but the hinged variety don't seem to come in red

You can paint them with Krylon "Fusion" paint for plastics.

richardsoncd
06-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Those will be my backup option, anyone have any leads on vinyl covered snap caps?