PDA

View Full Version : Destin Harbor Fishing

nashvillematt
06-20-2006, 09:00 AM
I am going down South (Destin)tomorrow and found out that our regular captain has hung his hat and no longer fishes. I am looking for a good captain that can put us on some fish (8 hours trip) and has a nice boat. Does anyone have any suggestions?

shepherd
06-20-2006, 09:26 AM
I don't personally know anybody, but I could probably get some recommendations for a couple boats in the Panama City area (about 50 miles east of Destin). Probably the best reference would be one from your old captain.

Either way, you should have a great time. The king mackerel are slamming out there, and I hear the red snapper, wahoo and dolphin (mahi mahi) bite are really good. They say the wahoo are off the charts! but I haven't caught one yet. I'm thinking about going fishing after work this evening.

Good reference for local fishing info: http://www.halfhitch.com/

Good luck!

tex
06-20-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't know any captains, but I do know of a company that has started making a cool new fishing boat!

mgurley
06-20-2006, 09:55 AM
See if the Daybreak is still around...can't remember the captains name off hand but nice boat, nice people, great fishing...I think they dock next to the boat house???or the oyster house???resturant...right on the water...

shepherd
06-21-2006, 12:11 AM
...I think they dock next to the boat house???or the oyster house???resturant...right on the water...

Do you mean AJ's???
I just got finished cleaning the king mackerel I caught this evening. They are biting like crazy out there! Well, I exaggerate but I got several good hits... boated a couple...

mgurley
06-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Do you mean AJ's???
I just got finished cleaning the king mackerel I caught this evening. They are biting like crazy out there! Well, I exaggerate but I got several good hits... boated a couple...

No not AJ's it is just a little hole in the wall I am pretty sure it is called the boathouse and there are several fishing boats docked down there...pretty good place to go if you have never been it is just really small and can get crowded fast...not super nice or anything but really fun..

mgurley
06-21-2006, 08:45 AM
This is it... http://www.boathouseoysterbar.com/photos.htm

Several fishing boats dock right down from it...The Daybreak is who I reccomend...