PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have some combo skis

richardsoncd
06-19-2006, 04:53 PM
I am looking to buy a used pair of combo skis, anyone want to sell me a pair? My girlfriend just started skiing and I want to teach my roommate, but don't own any combos.

east tx skier
06-19-2006, 04:57 PM
We picked up a pair on ebay a few seasons ago. I think they're O'Brien Classics. Ran us about $25.

richardsoncd
06-19-2006, 05:01 PM
The only ones I've found cost over $25 to ship, added up the cost would be 50+, maybe I'll check out some yard sales.

tex
06-19-2006, 05:06 PM
Go to a pawn shop. that is where I got mine.

east tx skier
06-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Good suggestion. There used to be a chain called "Play it Again" sports.

Try a want ad on ski-it-again.

Cloaked
06-19-2006, 06:43 PM
I am looking to buy a used pair of combo skis, anyone want to sell me a pair? My girlfriend just started skiing and I want to teach my roommate, but don't own any combos.

Thanks :toast:Unless your friends are hard pressed to begin on combos, may I suggest teaching on one (and I am certain that it has been discussed among)? I suggest this because they do not have any comparative difference while learning at this point. Learn on one ski and again, they'll never know the difference. One may use a rope devised for teaching beginner slalom as the rope holds the tip of the ski straight and above the surface, in between the double handles, and it pulls right up as the skier advances in the water. The rope is readily available and relatively inexpensive.

tex
06-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Unless your friends are hard pressed to begin on combos, may I suggest teaching on one (and I am certain that it has been discussed among)? I suggest this because they do not have any comparative difference while learning at this point. Learn on one ski and again, they'll never know the difference. One may use a rope devised for teaching beginner slalom as the rope holds the tip of the ski straight and above the surface, in between the double handles, and it pulls right up as the skier advances in the water. The rope is readily available and relatively inexpensive.
Hey Sporty,

You are assuming that they want to slalom. They maybe a budding jumper!

Cloaked
06-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey Sporty,

You are assuming that they want to slalom. They maybe a budding jumper! I hear ya Tex.... Who wOOda' thUnk? :confused:

You do have a valid point. :steering:

But upon clarification, may I ask a bNeer from you if they are future slalom skiers? :banana: :love:

richardsoncd
06-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Unless your friends are hard pressed to begin on combos, may I suggest teaching on one (and I am certain that it has been discussed among)? I suggest this because they do not have any comparative difference while learning at this point. Learn on one ski and again, they'll never know the difference. One may use a rope devised for teaching beginner slalom as the rope holds the tip of the ski straight and above the surface, in between the double handles, and it pulls right up as the skier advances in the water. The rope is readily available and relatively inexpensive.

I'll definitely go that route with my roommate, but my girlfriend has no interest in the slalom, just the wakeboard and double....but good lookin' out. I think I might have found some.

chudson
06-20-2006, 05:10 PM

Try loging on to (http://www.playitagainsports.com/) they are a nation wide store in used sporting equipment. You may be able to find a store close to you that could be worth looking into and it's an alternative to ebay.