PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass

Ric
10-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Anybody heard of this?
I ordered an 05 prostar with MCX motor without perfect pass
my thinking was to sell my old perfect pass, then get a new one from schnitz and install it myself when the new boat arrives.

In talking to tech support at pp I learned that even though it's much much easier to install yourself now, you cannot do this one due to the drive by wire setup on the 05's requiring a "flash to the ecm".

Now I'm stuck adding it to my new boat order and paying lotsa markup :noface: (unless someone here knows how I can do this).

Mag_Red
10-19-2004, 06:07 PM
See if your dealer will flash it.

bcampbe7
10-19-2004, 06:22 PM
MYMC may chime-in here, but I read on mymastercraft.com that PP for the '05 MC's is cheaper and much easier to install than the previous years.

Brent
10-19-2004, 06:58 PM

Ric
10-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Thanks brent, something must be happening over there and the schnitz thing makes it a little more clear.
Mag, believe me I offered up that option but they won't allow it due to liability. I wanted to escape the retail pricing by installing it myself. They are saying you simply cannot do it yourself, it must be installed at a dealer so that pp knows for a fact that the flash has been done..... Because of my trying to be cheap, I may be up the creek without a speed control :eek: .

gene dobies
10-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Anybody heard of this?
I ordered an 05 prostar with MCX motor without perfect pass
my thinking was to sell my old perfect pass, then get a new one from schnitz and install it myself when the new boat arrives.

In talking to tech support at pp I learned that even though it's much much easier to install yourself now, you cannot do this one due to the drive by wire setup on the 05's requiring a "flash to the ecm".

Now I'm stuck adding it to my new boat order and paying lotsa markup :noface: (unless someone here knows how I can do this).
Did it come with the MasterCraft Cruise? I heard all upgrades are supposed to come with this, almost like Perfect Pass.

Ric
10-20-2004, 11:04 AM
well yes, but I was cheap and didnt add digital pro perfect pass to the order cause they wanted like 1600 or 1900 I dont remember, and I said hell I can do it myself for probably under 1k so I left it off the order ughhh

MYMC
10-20-2004, 11:18 AM
I posted the pricing on mymastercraft yesterday, but for everyone here:

These are prices direct from Perfect Pass:
2005 DBW Perfect Pass WakeBoard Pro $855 ($244 less)
2005 DBW Perfect Pass Digital Pro (3 event) $1070 ($225 less)

The amount of time to install has been reduced to less than 30 minutes...everything now is plug and play.

FYI: you can exchange your ECM with Indmar (at no cost) if your dealer is unable or unwilling to flash the ECM.

If you ordered your boat with the MCX it will come with MasterCraft "Simple Cruise" installed at no charge. Rather than have un-used and unnecessary switches on your dash you may opt to change your order. If need be I'll be more than happy to "flash" the ECM at no charge to you.

Hope this helps.

east tx skier
10-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Ric, Daryl Moore Marine installed my perfect pass for me even though I did not buy it from them. I think they charged me about $150 to do the whole thing, including drilling the hole for the paddle wheel. Sounds like the new system ought to be much easier (and should be cheaper) to install.

Ric
10-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks guys I'll let you know what I do. My trying to save a grand bit me in the ankle so to speak.

simply_peter
10-21-2004, 02:36 PM
"These are prices direct from Perfect Pass:
2005 DBW Perfect Pass WakeBoard Pro $855 ($244 less)
2005 DBW Perfect Pass Digital Pro (3 event) $1070 ($225 less)"

Can you buy PP at these prices today? Or is this next spring? Is this price from perfect pass or MC dealer?

Thanks,
Pete

MYMC
10-21-2004, 04:23 PM
It is my understanding that you can call Perfect Pass and buy the DBW systems for this price now.

Everything quoted was from a letter I received from Perfect Pass. You could certainly buy them from me for that so I would assume that any MC dealer would honor the pricing. Please keep in mind the pricing and install time only apply to 2005 MasterCraft boats.