PDA

View Full Version : Great Customer service story.....

Mag_Red
10-19-2004, 03:06 PM
I always like to share these as it seems, in these days and times, customer service is a thing of the past. I have some Piaa driving lights on the Vette. Last Saturday night, both of them went out. :mad: After a bit of probing :D with a tester light, I determined the relay was bad along with one of the bulbs. I called Piaa Corp and explained the problem......they replaced the relay ( limited lifetime waranty) but not the bulb. Well after a brief discussion.........he decided to throw the bulb in the box along with the relay! :dance: You just can't beat that!

ktn_cmu
10-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Hey...way to go...you have inspired me...

"Yes...Mastercraft...my PS197 turned into an alumacraft...isn't there something you could do for me... " :steering:

Stritt
10-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Great customer service story.

Side note:

My 35th anniversary 197 has been at the factory for the past couple of weeks to take care of warranty issues. I had a great meeting with Tim Best and Mike (?). I was assured that they would make the boat right. Although, I am waiting to explain and applaud MasterCraft in the handlling of my problems, I will say that they seem to be addressing everything I stated. Once, the boat is returned to me I will issue a post and if everything continues as it is now, it will be a GLOWING report on MasterCraft customer service.

bcampbe7
10-19-2004, 06:16 PM
OK, I'll go...
I have some Manik side steps on my SUV. Well one of the plastic traction steps cracked. So I called their customer service to see if I could buy one, and spoke with a very nice lady. She asked when I had purchased them (it had been a year). Uknowing to me they have a 5 year warranty so she gladly sent me four, just in case any of the others cracked. I thought that was a nice gesture.

I also had a Sink Erator (sp?) garbage disposal that went belly-up 5 days after it's 2 year warranty was up. The company sent me a new one at no charge.

It's good to hear everyone's good customer service exepriences along with the bad. Not only do you discover who to do business with in the future, but who not to do business with.

ktn_cmu
10-20-2004, 08:27 AM
I also had a Sink Erator (sp?) garbage disposal that went belly-up 5 days after it's 2 year warranty was up.

Those engineers got a raise...perfect timing...not too soon, not too late...too bad customer service dropped the ball...

I had an alternator go bad a couple weeks ago on the 9th. When I went back for the warranty refund I found out I bought it on the 10th one year prior...whew!!! Makes you wonder...

JimN
10-20-2004, 08:40 AM
35th-Tim Best is a good guy, has worked for MC a long time. His brother works there, too. Does (or did) a lot of test driving. If you see Tim again, could you tell him Jim in Milwaukee said HI?

BriEOD
10-20-2004, 02:18 PM
"Limited lifetime warranty" isn't that an oxymoron? :uglyhamme

bonedoc
10-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Like 35th, I am currently undergoing "negotiations" with Mastercraft on an arm's length of ongoing/accumulating warranty issues regarding my '04 X2. Being a new Mastercraft owner, I have heard nothing but good reports from both my dealer and other owners with respect to their customer service. When everything gets cleared up, I too will gladly post a hopefully glowing report of the problems and outcome.

I believe NeilM should just be getting his boat back from a whack of warranty work done out in BC. I'm sure he'll let us know how that went.

Overall, my X2 has exceeded my expectations on boat performance. It is unfortunate to have experienced the issues I have had, and to hear of some of the other seemingly excessive warranty issues other owners have had. Many issues seem to be nothing more than quality control issues....issues you would not expect to see in boats of this price and calibre.

However, that said, Mastercraft has a reputation of coming through and doing whatever it takes (within reason) to make the customer happy. I am confident that will be my experience as well....will keep you updated.

bonedoc
10-20-2004, 03:03 PM
One last note.....

MYMC has been very helpful in answering questions and helping me out with some of my concerns. They have the experience and tech. knowledge to really answer a lot of questions, and to let you know when something is within "normal" or not regarding wqarranty issues. Also, who to talk to if your needs aren't being met/addressed by your dealer.

I don't mean to flood them with questions, but i can say Mike at MYMC has gone far beyond what I would ever expect from a dealer who has never seen a penny out of my wallet.

Thanks Mike, and cheers. :friday:
I'll keep in touch to let you know what transpires.

Stritt
10-20-2004, 04:24 PM
Sometimes it takes talking to the right person to get things done. ;)

I have been fortunate to have a good relationship with my local MC dealer (Liquid Sports). After speaking with the owner, I wrote a letter to the dealership and to MC. Within a week I had a commitment from MasterCraft to come to Orlando and pickup my boat for a return trip to the factory and deliver when completed. I decided I wanted to deliver myself to go over and voice the concerns I had directly with Tim and Mike. They were very understanding with the issues. I was also honest, in stating I realize it is a used boat, but abcdefghijklmenopqrs..was not right. Tim, has helped alot and is getting things done. Mike was also helpful and spent several hours with us taking a factory tour. Jane is the Proshop hooked us up with shirts and gave my 3 yr old son a remote control MC boat. I had my doubts on the way up, but when we left the factory, I felt good that everything will be addressed. I will let you in on one issue, the interior was not holding up in areas. Tim and Mike are replacing the entire entire with 05 vinyl. That is one of several issues that I am more than pleased with the service provide bt MC. There are alot more coming but I am going to reserve them until I get the boat back.

If anyone from MasterCraft is reading this.....Hats off to Tim Best and Mike Mc???.....you have some class act employees.

tex
10-20-2004, 04:40 PM
Sometimes it takes talking to the right person to get things done. ;)

I have been fortunate to have a good relationship with my local MC dealer (Liquid Sports). After speaking with the owner, I wrote a letter to the dealership and to MC. Within a week I had a commitment from MasterCraft to come to Orlando and pickup my boat for a return trip to the factory and deliver when completed. I decided I wanted to deliver myself to go over and voice the concerns I had directly with Tim and Mike. They were very understanding with the issues. I was also honest, in stating I realize it is a used boat, but abcdefghijklmenopqrs..was not right. Tim, has helped alot and is getting things done. Mike was also helpful and spent several hours with us taking a factory tour. Jane is the Proshop hooked us up with shirts and gave my 3 yr old son a remote control MC boat. I had my doubts on the way up, but when we left the factory, I felt good that everything will be addressed. I will let you in on one issue, the interior was not holding up in areas. Tim and Mike are replacing the entire entire with 05 vinyl. That is one of several issues that I am more than pleased with the service provide bt MC. There are alot more coming but I am going to reserve them until I get the boat back.

If anyone from MasterCraft is reading this.....Hats off to Tim Best and Mike Mc???.....you have some class act employees.

what was up with your interior?

Thrall
10-20-2004, 11:15 PM
I posted this on the old forum, after lengthy threads regarding diagnosing a fuel delivery problem w/ my boat (PS 190, LT-1).
I bought the boat this past spring, 3rd owner. Had 280 hrs. After the 2nd time out, I experienced engine stalling. Tried to diagnose myself, made 2 trips to the dealer (MC of AZ) w/ it and between both of our testing, determined that the ECM was bad. Sent the ECM to Indmar for testing and they immediately sent out a new one (reconditioned, can't get NEW MEFI IIs anymore). Indmar had instructed MC to install the new ECM and I hesitated because if the old one could be repaired I didn't want to shell out $1k for a new one. Indmar told me if the old one was reparable, or I chose not to purchase it, I could take it off and return for a full refund. (Pretty generous wrt an electrical part)
More history: The boat had the ECM replacd 3 years prior, along w/ some other parts due to the old owner hooking up the battery backward.
Turned out that the old ECM could not be repaired and after a discussion w/ Indmar, they agreed to refund me 1/2 of the purchase price of the new one because the old one was defective. This part was 3 years old and had absolutely no warranty left on it, but I think this shows well for Indmar & MC, giving me $500 back on a part that they had every right to charge me full price for.
I would never hesitate to purchase more Indmar or MC products in the future due to this kind gesture.

NeilM
10-21-2004, 12:23 AM
I believe NeilM should just be getting his boat back from a whack of warranty work done out in BC. I'm sure he'll let us know how that went.

Well, for the most part, it went great. I had new skins put on all of the seat cushions (they were tearing at the seams), a few cracks fixed, parts tightened down, windshield window re-aligned, that kind of stuff..

For the other parts...
1. I had them re-locate the PP paddlewheel, but won't know if it solved my issue until next summer (snow on the ground at the moment).. They say it's much better, but, we'll see. It had a tendency to jump a couple of mph simply by changing the list of the boat..

2. The vinyl around one of the stern cupholders was torn & visible from the factory. After much negotiation, MC finally agreed to replace the seatback skins as well -- so the skins are on order -- the repair will get done in the spring... Good news is the new skins won't have the cupholder holes at all -- just like the 04's and '05's..

So, am I happy with my dealer? You bet. (This is the 4th boat I've bought from him.) Am I happy with the way MC has stood behind their boat? You bet. Problem is, most of the items could have been caught and remedied before the boat left the factory.. I would have been happier yet if the boat had zero defects at delivery.

captkidd
10-21-2004, 09:37 AM
35th, you related to John Dorton? ;) Sounds like they're going above and beyond the call to remedy your problems.

Stritt
10-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Nope, in fact I only spoke to him once. That was at the factory and he commented on the "rig".

Speaking of customer service, just spoke with Tim Best, my boat is nearing completion and hopefully will be shipped back home sometime next week. :woohoo:

Interior? Long story. Basically the original black 35th cover left sticky residue anywhere it touched the boat including the vinyl. Cleaning it off the gel was easy, little acetone and wax, done deal. The vinyl on the hand was subjected to some harsh chemicals to remove. Stitching, was separating and embroidery was fading badly. After that, vinyl never stayed clean and stained BAD! No matter using 303 protectant, nothing helped. Needless to say, I wasn't happy. Tim changed that. Now I am VERY happy. Plus, after looking at the new interior vinyl during the factory tour, I thought it looked and felt more durable than what I had. I asked if since they were replacing, if it would be possible to use the new vinyls. Tim called later and said, yes, not only replacement but with 05 interior vinyl.....Can you say happy?

Now that is what I call, GLOWING customer service. The issue with the interior was one of many issues that they have corrected.

Oh, and for those who heard my complaints on the gas capacity being 19 gallons, they have corrected this concern and have installed the new tank for 05.

My windshield (stainless was bent)....replaced.

Gel-Coat cracks from previous Windshield replacement, fixed.

Steering being tight for 3rd time, fixed.

Gauge issues..fixed.

Cosmetic small stuff..fixed

Mini-tower, knob frozen and bimini mounts pulling out...fixed.

Trailer Bunk wood cracked and split...fixed.

Stainless fenders....fixed.

Long story short, factory attention, factory fixed. That is all I was looking for, and end to the warranty fixes.

tex
10-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Nope, in fact I only spoke to him once. That was at the factory and he commented on the "rig".

Speaking of customer service, just spoke with Tim Best, my boat is nearing completion and hopefully will be shipped back home sometime next week. :woohoo:

Interior? Long story. Basically the original black 35th cover left sticky residue anywhere it touched the boat including the vinyl. Cleaning it off the gel was easy, little acetone and wax, done deal. The vinyl on the hand was subjected to some harsh chemicals to remove. Stitching, was separating and embroidery was fading badly. After that, vinyl never stayed clean and stained BAD! No matter using 303 protectant, nothing helped. Needless to say, I wasn't happy. Tim changed that. Now I am VERY happy. Plus, after looking at the new interior vinyl during the factory tour, I thought it looked and felt more durable than what I had. I asked if since they were replacing, if it would be possible to use the new vinyls. Tim called later and said, yes, not only replacement but with 05 interior vinyl.....Can you say happy?

Now that is what I call, GLOWING customer service. The issue with the interior was one of many issues that they have corrected.

Oh, and for those who heard my complaints on the gas capacity being 19 gallons, they have corrected this concern and have installed the new tank for 05.

My windshield (stainless was bent)....replaced.

Gel-Coat cracks from previous Windshield replacement, fixed.

Steering being tight for 3rd time, fixed.

Gauge issues..fixed.

Cosmetic small stuff..fixed

Mini-tower, knob frozen and bimini mounts pulling out...fixed.

Trailer Bunk wood cracked and split...fixed.

Stainless fenders....fixed.

Long story short, factory attention, factory fixed. That is all I was looking for, and end to the warranty fixes.

Alot of dealing with the factory. Where was your dealer?

Stritt
10-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Helped through the whole way. That list, is (was) ongoing and accumulating throughout the first 11 months. I wanted MasterCraft to fix the problems directly. I felt the dealership did everything within their power. Many things like gel-coat, costmetic stuff, and interior vinyl was being sent via digital camera pics, it just didn't cut it. I had a meeting with the owner of the dealership, spoke with Donnie (MC rep), Tim Best and the decision was to bring the boat back so all items would be completed. I could not be happier with Liquid Sports or MasterCraft. Once all parties involved and were on the same page, everything came together and appears to be resolved. Communication with the dealership and MasterCraft was the key. Honestly, this being my 4th MC and a anniversary boat, I held them to "A Higher Standard" and they came through. That is whats counts, how a company will stand behind their product.

Mag_Red
10-21-2004, 06:03 PM
:toast: Now that is customer service!!!!!!

Leec
10-21-2004, 06:18 PM
"Limited lifetime warranty" isn't that an oxymoron? :uglyhamme
I always tell people when they tell me about a Lifetime Warranty that it is only good as long as the company stays in business!:rolleyes:

:smile:

Leec
10-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Well 35 the key issue is doing what is right by the customer not the stockholder! A few good words from a satisfied customer, can you say " Good Will" is cheap compared to several hundred thousand dollars they spend in trying to buy "Good Will"!

AAA has that philosophy down pat. If any of you have had a problem or are having a problem with a AAA office or service,no one is perfect, then go back to them about it. I found out that after the 9/11 attack, that a lot of the cruises were cancelled as well as flights to get to the cruise line and AAA Travel reimbursed them the non- reimburseable fees and deposits, not because they had to, because they really didn't, but because it was the right thing to do!!:woohoo:
:smile: