PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Duvall wood dash.

rhcoleman1
10-18-2004, 11:33 PM
I have a 97 Sammy, great boat though the wood dash is not holding up as well as I would like. The color on the edges is fading and the its beginning to separate around the mounting screws. I checked with the dealers in my area for replacement panels. No luck, they aren't made anymore.

Any Suggestions?

Many Thanks
Ray

east tx skier
10-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Ray, I don't know what the dash is made from, but if it's a woodgrain decal of some sort, you could try

www.stripeman.com
www.grandwagoneers.com

The guy at grandwagoneers.com makes a living restoring, you guessed it, old Jeep Grand Wagoneers. He also has a source for the decals for the exterior (made by 3M). Those cars had woodgrain dash as well and he may have some tips on restoring it if it's not as simple as replacing the decal. Stripeman has a variety of different "woods" in the decal. Hope this helps.

Diesel
10-19-2004, 10:38 AM
I have a 97 Sammy, great boat though the wood dash is not holding up as well as I would like. The color on the edges is fading and the its beginning to separate around the mounting screws. I checked with the dealers in my area for replacement panels. No luck, they aren't made anymore.

Any Suggestions?

Many Thanks
Ray

I have a new one that I don't need. PM if you would like to make me an offer.