PDA

View Full Version : School's Out For Summer!!!

betsy&david Harrison
06-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Finally finished with work for the school year :friday: Don't have to go back to the place until Aug 18. It now official SKI TIME. Three days this weekend and 5 days the following weekend. Hopefully a friend out there has the ski I am looking for. Oh, by the way

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all you Daddys out there :woohoo:

Betsy

erkoehler
06-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Congrats on another year in the books :woohoo:

betsy&david Harrison
06-15-2006, 07:46 PM
More like another year griping at kids to get their rears in gear to exercise! Next years Freshman have a big shock coming to them. If they don't pass the Fitgram Test that every kid in the nation takes in 5th, 7th, and 9th grade, they have to take 4 years of Phys. Ed.

Movie quote: perfect for my job... "PU Mister, you smell like Phys. Ed.!"

erkoehler
06-15-2006, 07:47 PM
More like another year griping at kids to get their rears in gear to exercise! Next years Freshman have a big shock coming to them. If they don't pass the Fitgram Test that every kid in the nation takes in 5th, 7th, and 9th grade, they have to take 4 years of Phys. Ed.

Movie quote: perfect for my job... "PU Mister, you smell like Phys. Ed.!"

I always like phys. Ed in High School.....was kind of pointless games before then. And we had to 7 semesters of mandatory attendance.

betsy&david Harrison
06-15-2006, 07:52 PM
ERK hows the teaching and driving going? Getting any ski time for yourself? I'm working a ski school for two days on the 26th and 27th and we get time to ski at lunch and when the sessions are finished.

ski_king
06-15-2006, 07:53 PM
High school my kids go to have PE all for years.

Betsey, I saw your school web page. How come you didn't have pictures of watersking on the wall behind you?

M-Funf
06-15-2006, 07:54 PM
ERK hows the teaching and driving going? Getting any ski time for yourself? I'm working a ski school for two days on the 26th and 27th and we get time to ski at lunch and when the sessions are finished.

Shhhh...I think that might be a sore subject right now :o

LakePirate
06-15-2006, 07:55 PM
I always like phys. Ed in High School.....was kind of pointless games before then. And we had to 7 semesters of mandatory attendance.
Attendance is one thing...did you do anything while attending?

erkoehler
06-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Attendance is one thing...did you do anything while attending?

Man, they were all about participation in High School.....

MarkP
06-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Finally finished with work for the school year :friday: Don't have to go back to the place until Aug 18. It now official SKI TIME. Three days this weekend and 5 days the following weekend. Hopefully a friend out there has the ski I am looking for. Oh, by the way

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all you Daddys out there :woohoo:

Betsy
My kids have been out for two weeks. Have to tell you I already miss seeing that bus take two of my three off to school 5 days a week..

LakePirate
06-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Man, they were all about participation in High School.....

That is excellent :banana:

tex
06-15-2006, 09:01 PM
B,
Congrats, do you get as crazy as I did when let out of school?

betsy&david Harrison
06-18-2006, 11:51 PM
It hasn't sunk in yet. The kids get crazy though. I now have to switch gears to being the Mom/house/wife person. That usually takes me a week to adjust to.

The ski weekend was great. Ryan brought his wife and two adorable kids up to the lake. He also brought a friend of his. The guy couldn't get the grin off his face after his second set on the course. His wife probably had a few choice words for him for not getting home on time. I have to admit I was a bad influence in encouraging him to take a second set. Ooops! Ryan and his wife did great. My skiing sucks right now. I'm in a rut probably because I want a new ski...like the one I demo'd :(

6ballsisall
06-18-2006, 11:54 PM
. I'm in a rut probably because I want a new ski...like the one I demo'd :(

UMP is doing a Group Buy on skis right now. Contact him for a deal ;)

betsy&david Harrison
06-19-2006, 12:01 AM
I think I have something lined up. You know the deal: a friend of a friend type of thing. I just have to wait till next weekend to find out. Something else...I get to ski behind the new 197 next weekend. I have heard nothing but great things from friends that have already skied behind it. The ProMo guy is a link for me to the boat and the ski. I hate waiting though. I think part of my ski issue right now is that I loved skiing the D3X5 soooooooo much that I have a mental issue with my KD7000.

betsy&david Harrison
06-19-2006, 12:05 AM
High school my kids go to have PE all for years.

Betsey, I saw your school web page. How come you didn't have pictures of watersking on the wall behind you?
That was our old office. I did have ski pics to the right of my head. They were only 4x6's though. And then on another wall I had two or three posters that I would snag from the boat shows. I have to promote the sport :)

erkoehler
06-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Glad to hear that you guys had a great weekend.....where's the pictures?

RexDog1
06-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Yes School Is Out :woohoo:

betsy&david Harrison
06-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Glad to hear that you guys had a great weekend.....where's the pictures?
Ryan took them...Where are the pics Ryan??

wakesport
06-19-2006, 02:30 PM
School is out for me too!!! :dance:

Last week I skied 5 days in a row. Then my wife went to the Big Apple for a few days so I lost my driver/spotter. She comes back tonight so we can get back out again.

betsy&david Harrison
06-14-2007, 07:38 PM
What a glorious day!! School is once again OVER!! Hey all that know what has been going on with me lately...I'm cancer free!! Don't know about the replacement parts yet though.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-14-2007, 07:40 PM
What a glorious day!! School is once again OVER!! Hey all that know what has been going on with me lately...I'm cancer free!! Don't know about the replacement parts yet though.
CONGRATS!!!!! :toast: Excellent news that your cancer free Bets!!!! All those prayers paid off!!:) Happy days!!

betsy&david Harrison
06-14-2007, 07:41 PM
You are such a good minister UMP!!

M-Funf
06-14-2007, 07:47 PM

Congrats Betsy...

what kind of replacements you gonna get? :rolleyes:

tex
06-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Congrats Betsy...

Congrats all the way around B! I know this guy named Skeeler-He may know of a referral for you! Listen to him, he knows what he's talking about!

It was good to pm with you the other night!

Sodar
06-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Congrats on everything Betsy.... especially the cancer-free part!!

betsy&david Harrison
06-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Congrats Betsy...

If I do get to... C's

betsy&david Harrison
06-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Congrats all the way around B! I know this guy named Skeeler-He may know of a referral for you! Listen to him, he knows what he's talking about!

It was good to pm with you the other night!
I saw that photo! He does know a good plastic surgeon by the looks of her. :)

Have the mum in law mix you a few coctails...you both will be happy.

betsy&david Harrison
06-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Congrats on everything Betsy.... especially the cancer-free part!!
Thanks Cameron! Now I can focus on putting this body back to it's 20 year old state.

tex
06-14-2007, 07:56 PM
I saw that photo! He does know a good plastic surgeon by the looks of her. :)

Have the mum in law mix you a few coctails...you both will be happy.
She does like a martini! I do have a party to go to later where they have the baddest Ars margaritas on the planet! I don't think that would be approved with my vikes!

M-Funf
06-14-2007, 07:58 PM
If I do get to... C's

If you GET to? If it's what you want...git-'er-done!

I know a few very good plastics guys, but they're all the way up here. You'd be better off going to La-La Land. Should have some in Santa Barbara, too.

betsy&david Harrison
06-14-2007, 08:06 PM
If you GET to? If it's what you want...git-'er-done!

I know a few very good plastics guys, but they're all the way up here. You'd be better off going to La-La Land. Should have some in Santa Barbara, too.
We have some great ones here in town. It'll be covered by insurance but I will have a chat with the surgeon that removed a bunch of glop from me first.

tex
06-14-2007, 08:10 PM
It's nice that summer is here. Notice how everybody(not me) is in great spirits? It's amazing what a little warm weather and water time will do for people! Now shut up and go ski!

Sodar
06-14-2007, 08:12 PM
It's nice that summer is here. Notice how everybody(not me) is in great spirits? It's amazing what a little warm weather and water time will do for people! Now shut up and go ski!

ATBD
(All-Time Boat Driver)
:D Get your arse out there and drag some people around.. that'll cheet ya up!! :D

tex
06-14-2007, 08:18 PM
My doc is a little nervous about my boat time. We like to look at girls when we hit rollers-might not be the best thing for a fresh break! we will talk about again next week. I do love my time behind the wheel!

X2M
06-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Congratulations Betsy!! :) Very happy to hear the good news!! :)

betsy&david Harrison
06-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks X2!!

TMCNo1
06-14-2007, 09:30 PM

That sure is good news!