PDA

View Full Version : Ski Locker Hinges

sanjuan23
06-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Okay so as I pulled the boat apart this weekend in order to search for, well lets just say out of curiosity. I have noticed the hinge on my ski locker being loose. So I removed the screws from the door and removed the door. Now what do I put into the existing holes to insure the new screws would hold. I assumed some sort of epoxy?? But not really sure any advise.

east tx skier
06-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Are you sure they're screws or are the hinges thru bolted like the motorbox hinges?

sanjuan23
06-14-2006, 10:59 PM
They're screws. Pulled those out of the floor side first. Noticed all 6 of those were secure. When the screws fell right out of the hinge plate and door. I thought. Hummmm... So I figured a filler, let it dry, drill pilot hole then replace screws and be done.

erkoehler
06-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Can you up the size of the screw by one?

east tx skier
06-14-2006, 11:03 PM
They're screws. Pulled those out of the floor side first. Noticed all 6 of those were secure. When the screws fell right out of the hinge plate and door. I thought. Hummmm... So I figured a filler, let it dry, drill pilot hole then replace screws and be done.

Fiberglass repair goop. Or just shove a bit of zip tie in the hole.

sanjuan23
06-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Fiberglass repair goop. Or just shove a bit of zip tie in the hole.

So that is the technical or brand name?? ;)

sanjuan23
06-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Doug, I liked your idea last week. What could I do to help? Given if you have time etc. I have nothing but time till mid-August.