PDA

View Full Version : Engine Drain Plugs - how many

bfinley
06-13-2006, 12:43 AM
How many drain plugs are there in the block of my 1992 ProSport 205. I have the 351HO 285 HP motor. I have found two plugs in the block, and two in the exhast manifolds. Are there any more?? I want to make sure I get all the antifreeze out before I head to the lake.

Thanks,

Brandon

FYI - this is one of the plugs from the block

JimN
06-13-2006, 01:16 AM
If you have the red RV anti-freeze in it, run it on the hose before you go out and you'll be fine. If it has regular car anti-freeze, stop using it and collect it so it can be disposed of properly.

Getting back to your original question, the four you mentioned, there's another on the oil cooler and depending on who winterized it, they may have filled the hoses on the front of the motor with anti-freeze.

Who winterized it for you?

Check and/or change the impeller. Were the fluids changed when it was winterized? If not, do that before going out too, and make sure to have all fresh fluids in it for the winter.

east tx skier
06-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Where on the oil cooler, Jim? Wouldn't anything in there eventually just run out the hose and raw water intake?

JimN
06-13-2006, 11:36 AM
It's at the rear, same as yours, but some are oriented so that they can hold water. Ideally, the cooler is installed so the plug is on the bottom and it doesn't need to be filled to leak from freezing, either.