PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday, Time for a Drink!

shepherd
06-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Here's a thread to talk about your skiing adventures after you get home from the lake.

I'm sitting here nursing a bruised ego with a cold Corona. Today was one of those days. Couldn't ski worth a crap. I even "tripped and fell" over the wake when my buddy was pulling me up to start a set. :noface: Then I accidentally backed over his ski rope and wrapped it around the prop (unwrapped it OK, but still just finished ordering a new rope from Overtons for him).

But on the bright side, I didn't get another flat tire at the ramp, didn't forget the plug, and there are 11 Coronas still in the fridge. I'm going to pop open another, go out on the deck and watch the birds. :friday:

There. Talking about is therapeutic, thanks. Hope everybody enjoyed their weekend.

André
06-11-2006, 06:19 PM
One word can say it all for my ski week end:RAIN!!!!!!! :mad:

tex
06-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Shep,

I'll drink one for you at the Mavs/Heat game. Is that bragging, sorry Gene!

Hoosier Bob
06-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Same here Andre but usually that is a good thing! Problem is it was in the 50's and rain! Said high of 70 and may have happened but still sucked. I feel your pain Shep but I can see you have found the cure (Hoosier Cure)! I may be curing myself for symptoms I have not yet realized! ;) One word can say it all for my ski week end:RAIN!!!!!!! :mad:

SkiDog
06-11-2006, 07:36 PM
NEVER, I mean NEVER, try to teach your 8 year old to wakeboard with the wife in the boat too!!!!!!!! Thought there was gonna be a killing! Maybe a trip to Tampa to some of my peeps will do the trick, and leave the wife home! Probably a stupid thing, trying to teach my own kid anyway. No patience! :( :mad:

shepherd
06-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I guess one thing worse than a bad day skiing is a day without skiing! Sorry about the weather guys. I saw the end of the Pocono race and noticed that a lot of folks there were wearing sweaters and jackets, so I guess the weather up North aint so good.

Hope you enjoy the game Tex! The "Hoosier Cure" is working pretty good HB and I'm already anticipating the next ski outing. Skidog, have patience brother, but maybe leave the wife at home! ;)

Anyways, my hope is that this will be a happy thread like "It's Friday Time for a Drink!", but where we can relate our weekend adventures. Time for another Corona... Adios amigos!

SkiDog
06-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Ya know, if I had a dime for all these so called lessons in life that I've learned, I'd be a rich SOB! However, what you said about the patience is probably the best advice I could get. Thanks

costal190
06-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey Skidog you need sibling rivelry, thats how I tought my 2 girls to wakeboard, ski & slolam. They both try to out do eachother and we kida egg it on to get them to try new things.lol :D

BriEOD
06-11-2006, 08:28 PM
At least you guys are getting out! I have had my boat out once since last October. Although, I did see a SN with a flat tire on SR 301 in FL this afternoon on my trip back. I'm not sure what that has to do with the price of watermelons in Thailand though.

east tx skier
06-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Well, I ended up power washing and staining my deck instead of skiing this weekend. Could've skied, but was too exhausted to move today after staining. Looks good though. Going to the lake for all of Father's Day weekend next weekend. My reward.

TMCNo1
06-11-2006, 08:59 PM
NEVER, I mean NEVER, try to teach your 8 year old to wakeboard with the wife in the boat too!!!!!!!! Thought there was gonna be a killing! Maybe a trip to Tampa to some of my peeps will do the trick, and leave the wife home! Probably a stupid thing, trying to teach my own kid anyway. No patience! :( :mad:

Been there, done that!
Lynn would always say, "You are her daddy, you are not a coach"!
OK, 1 soft drink, thrown at high speed for 100 feet, killing 1 duck trying to make love to a slalom bouy!

6ballsisall
06-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Crappy weather here...... no playin occured :(

twieder
06-11-2006, 09:51 PM
The boat never got wet this weekend! Weather sucked! Oh and no drinkin today either. I made up for today last night.Oh how I do love a good wedding reception that was about 70 % river crew......my head hurts darn draft beer any way....

shepherd
06-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Shoot, I guess I should have titled this thread "It's Sunday, Time to Recover!" :rolleyes: , but I usually save that for Mondays...

betsy&david Harrison
06-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Oooh sorry to hear that. Some women just don't get it when it comes to coaching and teaching kids sports. Me on the other hand..my kids don't stand a chance. Ali at 6 cried her way through a ski set...TS! She got over it and likes to ski now. She threw a fit when I was teaching her how to swim. She got over that too and is an incredible swimmer for 7. If the wives can't handle a little kid pressure then leave em on the beach with a cold one in hand that never ends.

stevo137
06-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Weather sucks here too. Can't even think about getting the boat out and have not skied yet this year.
Bourbon and Coke right now!

betsy&david Harrison
06-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Weather sucks here too. Can't even think about getting the boat out and have not skied yet this year.
Bourbon and Coke right now!
Poor Stevo. You need to be on Dr. HB's couch with this terrible problem. Maybe he can speak to the BIG man and get the weather to cooperate. Not have a ski season is a real crime around these parts. Go on... go to the Watchers thread and let it out :)

east tx skier
06-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Steve, just think how I feel. It was gorgeous here yesterday and today and I was too beat to ski. Plus, if you lived here, you'd be out on your boat and it wouldn't be for sale. Then, I wouldn't have to think about how good I'd look in it every time I read your signature.

betsy&david Harrison
06-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Steve, just think how I feel. It was gorgeous here yesterday and today and I was too beat to ski. Plus, if you lived here, you'd be out on your boat and it wouldn't be for sale. Then, I wouldn't have to think about how good I'd look in it every time I read your signature.
SteveO's 93 is for sale? Send me information by PM. I may have someone that wants it.

east tx skier
06-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Info is in the link in his signature. I'll split the finder's fee with you. ;)

sanjuan23
06-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Okay 100+ for the past few days. Saturday....Wife's friend trying to inform me how to pull my wife on the wakeboard. Bit the tounge so hard its still bleeding. "Get off my F'ing boat" water is starting to feel like a hottub. And major leak somewhere. Sunday... Taking care of the frustration by the pool and swallowing Miller Lites by the Truck Load. Did I mention the frustration of the wife leaving for 2 weeks.. Who's gonna do the laundry... :eek:

Hoosier Bob
06-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Wow! I wear the pants in my house! As soon as I am finished with the laundry!!!! 8p Okay 100+ for the past few days. Saturday....Wife's friend trying to inform me how to pull my wife on the wakeboard. Bit the tounge so hard its still bleeding. "Get off my F'ing boat" water is starting to feel like a hottub. And major leak somewhere. Sunday... Taking care of the frustration by the pool and swallowing Miller Lites by the Truck Load. Did I mention the frustration of the wife leaving for 2 weeks.. Who's gonna do the laundry... :eek:

sanjuan23
06-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Didnt say that I didnt wear the pants I just preferred them to be clean!!! :D

east tx skier
06-11-2006, 11:22 PM
So where's the leak? Stuffing box or muffler?

Hoosier Bob
06-11-2006, 11:22 PM
I think you missed the part where I said "I did the laundry!" :o Didnt say that I didnt wear the pants I just preferred them to be clean!!! :D

sanjuan23
06-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Apologies for the threadjack.... Well dont really know had a few (people) on the boat yesterday so didnt want to go ripping things up. Have the rear seat out the engine cover and the rear floor panel up this morning. Forgot the day at the inlaws so didnt put in the close water to take a look. Suspect the Stuffing.... But just noticed today that someone never removed the plastic plug from the rear of the exhaust riser and replaced with the brass. Gonna put her in the lake Tuesday without said "missing" parts and check for leaks, grease the steering and go from there.

sanjuan23
06-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Okay HB you wear the pants you do the laundry and I am just a slave to this "marriage thing."

Hoosier Bob
06-11-2006, 11:30 PM
More TJ, I was married ten years and now know better! ;) My current and hopefully future and I have been together going on eleven! Some would say that is common law but if we had anything in common we would have already gotten married! :eek: Okay HB you wear the pants you do the laundry and I am just a slave to this "marriage thing."

sanjuan23
06-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Just yankin the chain... She leaves tomorrow early for the new job training so it will be me the dog and TT for the next couple of weeks... So now I really have to go...

Hoosier Bob
06-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Pour one out for your Homies! :D Just yankin the chain... She leaves tomorrow early for the new job training so it will be me the dog and TT for the next couple of weeks... So now I really have to go...

PendO
06-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Well, went to the water today ... water was high enough to get the boat on the lift mid week, so I pulled it out of the garage, got up there, and gdmit if the corps of engineers didn't drop the water 18" ... so, the boat is back in the garage:)

atlfootr
06-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Well, went to the water today ... water was high enough to get the boat on the lift mid week, so I pulled it out of the garage, got up there, and gdmit if the corps of engineers didn't drop the water 18" ... so, the boat is back in the garage:)Water level's 22" to lake bottom ... Winter Haven, FL.

6ballsisall
06-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Water level's 22" to lake bottom ... Winter Haven, FL.

22"???????????

sizzler
06-12-2006, 03:10 AM
fantastic w/e here...high 80's ...water 73........just before packing up i go and fill the boat up...as i'm idling back.....bang......smash into an underwater obstruction.....totalled my prop.......great way to finish a great weekend......had to have a beer to calm down....

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=9515

shepherd
06-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Nice weekend here in sunny Florida as usual. Skied 3 sets yesterday morning, detailed the Tahoe yesterday afternoon, and went fishing on the Gulf this morning (it was rough!). Man you should have seen the one that got away :cool:

Cooling off in front of the computer with a cold one now before I go clean the fish. Then maybe mix a pitcher of Hurricanes... :dance:

erkoehler
06-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Nice weekend here in sunny Florida as usual. Skied 3 sets yesterday morning, detailed the Tahoe yesterday afternoon, and went fishing on the Gulf this morning (it was rough!). Man you should have seen the one that got away :cool:

Cooling off in front of the computer with a cold one now before I go clean the fish. Then maybe mix a pitcher of Hurricanes... :dance:

Why would you even want to mess with a whole picture of hurricanes :rant:

tex
06-18-2006, 06:51 PM
We went and tossed back a couple of great father's day MOJITOS at Brios. They have a great open air bar.

shepherd
06-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Why would you even want to mess with a whole picture of hurricanes :rant:

............... :noface: :noface:

shepherd
06-18-2006, 10:13 PM
I thought I would make it through the weekend without an injury... then I cut my thumb while slicing a lime for my Corona :mad:
Maybe I should stick to Coors Light...

tex
06-18-2006, 10:21 PM
I thought I would make it through the weekend without an injury... then I cut my thumb while slicing a lime for my Corona :mad:
Maybe I should stick to Coors Light...
Switch to Miller, that won't happen!

betsy&david Harrison
06-18-2006, 10:32 PM
I put a few of this and that down Thurs, Fri, and Sat. I couldn't look at a glass of wine or a beer if I tried right now. Maybe a margie? Yep, that would be a good choice for a hot day.

LakePirate
06-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Got back from the pond this afternoon. Went over to the slalom course on Saturday and there is a toon tied up to the anchor. If that was not bad enough they had a smoker. I pull up and replace a buoy but that doesn't seem to phase them, they are still running the course on the smoker with a kid driving while the parent sits behind them. So we wait a little longer and they start kneeboarding through the course. They stopped and I jumped in the water, as my brother was pulling me towards the gates they were headed back our way, he circles and they clear out and I make my first pass. Eat it on my second pass and catch a ride back to the end of the cove. Head back into the course and my brother kills the throttle just past the 5 ball. The morons have now decided to move and park right in the middle of the turn around. We sit and wait in the water until they clear, but they decide to head back down the course. Get up and circle back around and head into the gates. I see the smoker on one side of the course and the toon on the other, make the one ball and see that there is too much chop and just hold on. At this point the toon cuts through the course between the 6 ball and the exit gates. I drop and throw my ski back into the boat and we head out. It was either that or I was going to jail. Some people.

shepherd
06-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Good lord, LP :rant: :noface:
Again, we need to ask - is it ignorance or rudeness? You'd think they would get the clue after you made a few (attempted) passes through the course.

bcampbe7
06-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Got back from the pond this afternoon. Went over to the slalom course on Saturday and there is a toon tied up to the anchor. If that was not bad enough they had a smoker. I pull up and replace a buoy but that doesn't seem to phase them, they are still running the course on the smoker with a kid driving while the parent sits behind them. So we wait a little longer and they start kneeboarding through the course. They stopped and I jumped in the water, as my brother was pulling me towards the gates they were headed back our way, he circles and they clear out and I make my first pass. Eat it on my second pass and catch a ride back to the end of the cove. Head back into the course and my brother kills the throttle just past the 5 ball. The morons have now decided to move and park right in the middle of the turn around. We sit and wait in the water until they clear, but they decide to head back down the course. Get up and circle back around and head into the gates. I see the smoker on one side of the course and the toon on the other, make the one ball and see that there is too much chop and just hold on. At this point the toon cuts through the course between the 6 ball and the exit gates. I drop and throw my ski back into the boat and we head out. It was either that or I was going to jail. Some people.

I can't believe you didn't soak them. :D

LakePirate
06-19-2006, 11:43 AM
I can't believe you didn't soak them. :D

We had passed that point.

I guess they thought that they were there first??

If you have a check book you can have a boat.

tex
06-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Jackares!!

tex
06-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Man, my martini is going down well!

shepherd
06-26-2006, 04:11 AM
It's 3 a.m., woke up with pounding head and stuffed up nose :( . I think it's from when my head pounded the lake when my ski suddenly stopped while I was trying to cross the wake... I was seeing stars for a while there. Recuperated with a couple Coors Lights on the boat and some Coronas and ibuprofen at home. Was feeling no pain earlier. Man, this is going to be a tough Monday...

wakebroad
06-26-2006, 10:08 AM
I guess my weekend was pretty good except for the fact that all i could do was watch. The old ball and chain was supposed to take me to karaoke but he was so tired from wakeboardin' that he fell asleep. I couldn't get him back up! I wasn't tired at all! I cried on the sofa and my little dog came over and licked my face which cheered me up. I was just feeling sorry for myself but I know there are people worse off than me...
I had nothing to drink this weekend except soda and water. I'm looking forward to next weekend (my birthday).
Sorry I've rambled on..... :rolleyes:

east tx skier
06-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Got out for a bit yesterday, but the lake was a bit windblown for skiing. So we just took the designated spotter swimming.

djhuff
06-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Weather was bad around here, but about 50 mi out in the Gulf Stream, it was beautiful (really choppy though). We still had a different kind of good day...

http://www.fishpiratescove.com/reports/thumb.php?src=/upload_pics/Hogwild241d8a28819de5b1c776e6979caa4ef1a9.JPG&q=99

tex
04-21-2007, 09:17 PM
I have a head full of water from diving for buoys all day. I did have to pull out the shaker out and mixed a great Bombay Martini. Getting ready to throw the salmon on the grill. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

tex
04-21-2007, 09:19 PM
I have a head full of water from diving for buoys all day. I did have to pull out the shaker out and mixed a great Bombay Martini. Getting ready to throw the salmon on the grill. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear I've only started my martini! I thought that this was the Saturday thread! Well, let's get Sunday started early!

atlfootr
04-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Saturday niters count too :friday:

atlfootr
04-22-2007, 07:47 AM
It's definitly Sunday morning and tyme for many a drink, I rose @ 6:40am went to the Gas Station for fuel 15gals = $45.00 came back home and guess what?

NO SKI BUD so either my ski buddy's a NO SHOW or he's dragg'n major arrsses this morn'n, meaning his own.

FYI PEOPLE ....

DONT PISS OFF (THE GUY THAT OWNS THE BOAT) YOUR BOAT DRIVER, IF U SAY 7AM BE THERE @ 6:55AM

This IS NOT HOW YOU KEEP FRIENDS OR GET INVITED BACK:rant:

tex
04-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I bet he would have brought cheap beer or none at all! Some people just never figure it out! His mom/dad should be proud

shepherd
04-22-2007, 03:37 PM
DONT PISS OFF (THE GUY THAT OWNS THE BOAT) YOUR BOAT DRIVER, IF U SAY 7AM BE THERE @ 6:55AM

This IS NOT HOW YOU KEEP FRIENDS OR GET INVITED BACK:rant:

The "boat rule" thread is on the other page... ;)
j/k, I'd be pissed too footr. If it was me, I'd be there for you buddy.

We ski'ed this morning - only one set 'cause it was choppy.
After taking the boat home and washing her, we rode the Harley out to the beach for grouper sandwiches. Just got back and came in here to turn on the internet radio. I'm going to mix a pitcher of Mai Tais and head out back to the pool deck. Life is good in North Florida, people.

stevo137
04-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Ah yes, 80 degrees, sunny.

100% agave margarita's for Mrs. and me tonight.

Will be enjoying on the patio... ;)

paulphillipson
04-22-2007, 06:51 PM
It's the last day of the ski season, so it's time for warerskiing!

Slinkyredfoot
04-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Did not get to ski this weekend but the weather at the lake was glorious and I needed to be there....Got the lake house dewinterized, the pier put in, and basically happy that I am blessed with to have wonderful get away on the lake....hope you are all as fortunate as me.....:D

mrcrowson
04-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Did not get to ski this weekend but the weather at the lake was glorious and I needed to be there....Got the lake house dewinterized, the pier put in, and basically happy that I am blessed with to have wonderful get away on the lake....hope you are all as fortunate as me.....:D

Not as fortunate as you Steve;) . But I am pleased to have you as a close Neighbor and friend. Hopefully we will be hitting the water here soon. I didn't have a chance to get out this weekend but am kicking myself because I didn't. The water was probably still too cold for me.:D

Slinkyredfoot
04-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Not as fortunate as you Steve;) . But I am pleased to have you as a close Neighbor and friend. Hopefully we will be hitting the water here soon. I didn't have a chance to get out this weekend but am kicking myself because I didn't. The water was probably still too cold for me.:D

Thanks for the compliment Michael and I agree...maybe you, Leroy and HB plus anyone else that is interested make a 2 hour road trip north to Lake Tippy, you would not be sorry....

shepherd
04-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Glad you guys are enjoying your Sunday too. No pineapple juice in the house so I had to settle for Coronas instead of Mai Tais. Feeling a little sunburnt.

Today I took the PS190 for a test drive/ski after changing the drive shaft packing and changing the oil. The new "dripless" packing seems to be working fine. The water was choppy - the Monza does not like choppy water :( so we went into plan B.

Leroy
04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Having pizza and beer this afternoon after soccer games all weekend. I like the water at Tippy, but it seemed very crowded.

Thanks for the compliment Michael and I agree...maybe you, Leroy and HB plus anyone else that is interested make a 2 hour road trip north to Lake Tippy, you would not be sorry....

dmayer84
04-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Finally got a lot of stuff done today, that I have been trying to do. Waxed the boat, put in the new fuel sender, painted the new tounge, and mounted the fire extinguiser. Wanted to get some more done, but Ill accept that after coming back from Atlantic City.

Slinkyredfoot
04-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Having pizza and beer this afternoon after soccer games all weekend. I like the water at Tippy, but it seemed very crowded.

Hey Leroy, what lake during the summer is not crowded...you need someone to show you the ropes here, this be me....early morning, there is not a better place....you are invited up, the lake house sleeps 25 if you count the front yard....

Leroy
04-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks very much Slinky! We will have to do this then!

Hey Leroy, what lake during the summer is not crowded...you need someone to show you the ropes here, this be me....early morning, there is not a better place....you are invited up, the lake house sleeps 25 if you count the front yard....

shepherd
06-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Had perfect water and the lake practically to ourselves Friday night and this morning. :D Had the new boat out this morning, she's a dream. But my back is killing me :( - too much breaking at the waist. Washed some ibuprofen down with 3 or 4 beers (and a dozen oysters). Starting to go numb... All and all, a pretty good weekend.

A Bombay Sapphire martini should finish me off good. Time to grab the shaker.

tex
06-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Had perfect water and the lake practically to ourselves Friday night and this morning. :D Had the new boat out this morning, she's a dream. But my back is killing me :( - too much breaking at the waist. Washed some ibuprofen down with 3 or 4 beers (and a dozen oysters). Starting to go numb... All and all, a pretty good weekend.

A Bombay Sapphire martini should finish me off good. Time to grab the shaker.
A dozen Oysters and a Bombay Martini-My wife would run to the hills!

JohnE
06-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Weather is crappy here. All I did was get to clean the boat since it wasn't nice enough to use it.

Put the boat in Friday night after work. It was sunny when it went in and within 30 minutes was pouring. Oh well, good timing as my back is in bad shape right now, too.

shepherd
06-03-2007, 07:42 PM

tex
06-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Yes-My best friend and his family are on the way over...I will be having one too/two!

shepherd
06-03-2007, 07:43 PM

shepherd
06-03-2007, 07:45 PM

6ballsisall
06-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Threw back a few Coors Lights w/ my man Lakey this afternoon. Had a little authentic Mexican food for dinner followed up by some Dairy Queen. Put the little one to bed and now I see that bottle of Glen Livet staring back at me. I think I'll enjoy me some on the rocks! :D

tex
06-03-2007, 11:34 PM
A few martinis and red wines...everyone is in a better mood! Watching the Sopronos and happy!!

dmayer84
06-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Some 5:30 am skiing with ggroller this morning
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/dmayer84/6-24-07/DSC00070.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/dmayer84/6-24-07/DSC00071.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/dmayer84/6-24-07/DSC00066.jpg

dmayer84
06-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Now some real skiing pics, dont know why the photog didnt get any of him though
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/dmayer84/6-24-07/DSC00087.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/dmayer84/6-24-07/DSC00082.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/dmayer84/6-24-07/DSC00080.jpg

Leroy
06-24-2007, 09:41 PM
OK Slinky, we need to pick a weekend in later July!

shepherd
08-19-2007, 11:16 PM

tex
08-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Red wine for me!

shepherd
08-26-2007, 08:02 PM

TX.X-30 fan
08-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Pina coladas today. I feel like the lake beat up on me today. I lost my onside turn - kept getting dumped at 2 ball, sometimes made it to 4. This is basic sh**! :mad: (don't you guys love this sport?)

My body is sore from getting slammed on the lake time after time... The ibuprofen and pina coladas are starting to take effect though!

Pina coladas before or after the lost onside turn. :confused: :D