PDA

View Full Version : Glue on the Tower?

jeffrpod
06-10-2006, 08:53 AM
I took delivery of an 06 X2 a couple days ago and it is just amazing. While going over the boat I noticed what looks like glue residue left from packing tape all over the tower. Does anyone know what this is, why it's there and the best way to remove it?

Thanks.

Ric
06-10-2006, 08:56 AM
welcome! get yo butt back out to the boat and post up some pics!

goo gone is available at most stores and will work well at removing the stickem.. I even used it to get the white streaks from my trailer guide pads out of my rubrail

ksmaristar91
06-10-2006, 08:59 AM
3m adhesive remover, wont leave a greasey slime like goo gone, just put some on a terry cloth and wipe. I used it on my monster tower to remove the same issues. Goo gone is kind of a wonder drug though, just a little messy. Good luck, and post some pics soon!

jeffrpod
06-10-2006, 09:28 AM
I actaully tried some Goo Gone last night, but it didn't seem to work. I was going to try non-accetone Nail Polish remover, but I'll try and find the 3M product. Should put some wax or something on the tower? Thanks for the info guys!

It's the first Saturday since I got the boat and the winds are gusting about 25 knots :( . I've got a couple of pics I'll post to the gallery.