PDA

View Full Version : Bearing grease nipple

PerryBpilot
06-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Where is the grease point on the MasterCraft trailers?
My old boat had bearing buddy, I cant figure out where the nipple is to add grease to the bearings.
Anyone?
Bueler????????????????Bueler???????????????Buerler ??????????????
:confused:

:guitar:

NatesGr8
06-10-2006, 09:07 AM
are there rubber caps on the center of the hubs in the center of the rim? if so, pull them off and look under there.

Ric
06-10-2006, 09:31 AM
what model of boat?
mc went to oil bath hubs in the last few years and that may be what you have
in which case check your manual because I'm not sure how to maintenance oil bath hubs

PerryBpilot
06-10-2006, 01:46 PM
2000 Maristar 230VRS Tandem axle trailer.
There is no rubber boot that I can see. There are chrome caps and a chrome cover. The cap is engraved with "trailer BUDDY axle"
I can see lubrication behind the center cap but I cannot discern if it is grease or oil.
Hmmmmmmmm????????? :confused:

Hoosier Bob
06-10-2006, 01:53 PM
I found this online but did not research the links. Good luck and I hope this helps? :confused:
http://www.ufpnet.com/Axles.htm

Ric
06-10-2006, 02:17 PM
2000 Maristar 230VRS Tandem axle trailer.
There is no rubber boot that I can see. There are chrome caps and a chrome cover. The cap is engraved with "trailer BUDDY axle"
I can see lubrication behind the center cap but I cannot discern if it is grease or oil.
Hmmmmmmmm????????? :confused:
ohhh ok I think you have bearing buddies with the decorative cap
pry on it lightly and it should pop right off and then you can see the zerk

post a pic if you are in doubt but I think that is what you have

PerryBpilot
06-18-2006, 01:57 PM
you were right hoosier bob, I popped the caps off and the zerk was right the. It took 1 1/2 tubes of marine grease to push the buddies out as recommended, so it probably hasnt been done in a while.
GOOD CALL!!!!

:dance: