PDA

View Full Version : I dont want to go get my manual

Ric
06-09-2006, 07:10 PM
what kinda fluid is that red fluid you put onto the k&n filter? Can I get it at autozone or someplace?

6ballsisall
06-09-2006, 07:11 PM
what kinda fluid is that red fluid you put onto the k&n filter? Can I get it at autozone or someplace?
Yes Autozone carriers the K&N cleaner and oil kits. Just be VERY cautious you don't over oil the element. If you do, let it dry out many days before using otherwise you run the risk of screwing up the sensors.

Ric
06-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks, do I need to oil it at all? I mean, is there a distinct need for the filter in a boat to be oiled to catch all that dirt I ski thru?

6ballsisall
06-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks, do I need to oil it at all? I mean, is there a distinct need for the filter in a boat to be oiled to catch all that dirt I ski thru?

The oil is what holds the debris to the filter. Usually they say if the filter is no longer red and grudgy it's time for a cleaning then oil job. Thats the one thing I haven't cleaned on my new ride and on this next weeks agenda.

TMCNo1
06-09-2006, 07:59 PM
The air is full of contaminants, like tree and grass pollen among others and any marine air filters need to be cleaned at least yearly, just ask JimN, he says it all the time on here. Just get the K&N Filter Cleaner and Oil and follow the instructions and you will be suprised how much gunk comes out of it!