PDA

View Full Version : Acme props...The application chart online???

Cody
10-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Does anyone know which site has an application chart for acme props? I remember seeing it a few months ago, but I can't seem to find it now.

Cody
10-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Found it:

http://www.acmemarine.com/html/list.html

Farmer Ted
10-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Cody,

Call Acme and ask to speak to Jim Thelen, he'll ask you a bunch of questions regarding how you use your boat, slalom, wakeboard, lots of ballast, or overall 4 event (ski, wakeboard, kneeboard, tube) based on your interview he'll recommend a prop.

Once you get that info, email Schnitz and see what he can do for you. Most of the time buying a prop from him will be $10-20 cheaper and his price includes shipping.

east tx skier
10-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Tim's got it. I'd add, if Jim's not there, ask for Bill Weeks. It's money well spent.

Mag_Red
10-16-2004, 01:12 PM
:popcorn: So what sort of performance gains might one expect over the stock prop?? Better hole shot?? ( I already can't hold onto the handle) How much increase in top end???

G-man
10-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Most people have changed to acme for better low end pickup out of a carburated engine. Another benefit of the acme are they are so well balance the boat is less noisey and some claim to a better table on the wake. I dropped down to a 12X11.5 to get up to speed in a short set up with a big skier. Worth every penny to do the swap. The first prop I got only gave me 4400 rpms, I droped down to the 11.5 and got the 4600rpms the manual says I should get. Acme changed out the prop and was very good to work with.

east tx skier
10-17-2004, 11:02 PM
Mag, if you've got a newer boat, you may already have a CNC prop on there albeit an OJ. If it is, the switch may not be necessary as it seems to be pretty much the same thing. Just a thought.